Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how difficult it is to install pullies on a 99 4v?

I've installed them on fox-bodies many of times, but never a 4v.

I've heard its somewhat of bastard.....??

Any tips will be useful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
about a 2 on a scale of 1-10...the hardest part is getting the nut off the alternator pulley and breaking the crank bolt loose...just remember to take the large washer out of the center of the crank pulley before you put the pulley puller on because it won't work if that washer is in there...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stangman_nb said:
Same procedure, nothing difficult about it all. The only thing I recomend doing is moving the coolant overflow bottle out of the way before starting, it will give you much more room to work with.
ok, thanks...

how did you go about changing the alternator pulley??

on my fox, i just left the stock pulley on since the alternator was only the stock 65a one before i did the 3g upgrade. so i kept the stock one on to keep the amps up, and changing pulleys didnt really affect horsepower that much anyways.

so yea, how would you recommend changing the pulley on the alternator? take the alternator off, or just leave the stock pulley on, or just remove the pulley with the alternator on the car?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I took an air gun to mine while in the car and it worked just fine...if you don't have one then just pull it off the car and take it to a shop to swap out the pulley. Like Missouri guy said make sure you remember to pull the washer off the crank pulley or you will sit there fighting it for a while before realizing it can't be pulled with the washer in place...lol I watched my friend do it for about 20 minutes before telling him and putting him out of his misery! I know, I know I'm a mean bastard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts