Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a PRO-M 75mm MAF with a set of #30 injectors. The injectors are in good condition, and so is the MAF, but the actual meter part on top says FORD on it. Dont the PRO-M ones say PRO-M?? Is it possible that the meter has been recalibrated by PRO-M ? I am guessing the car will run like ass if it is not calibrated properly.... Does anyone know how much they charge to recalibrate?? Thanks alot
Ken

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I'm pretty sure my says Ford on it to, I also have the 75 mm Pro-M with 30 lbs injectors. I think to keep cost down they recalibrate a Ford senser. But not sure.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are alright...most MAF uses Ford Type sensor [black electro gizmo on top ]...Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I think Pro-M makes meters for different cars, so maybe Ford just means that it's a Ford meter, as opposed to a GM meter.

If it's chrome or black, it's a Pro-M. If it's silver and bulky, it's stock.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Pro-M that I got came with a sheet indicating calibration numbers for voltage and airflow. Did you get one of these?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot guys...I was really worried. I am just always really paraniod when i buy stuff off the internet. I am gonna put it on a buddy of mines car. He has 30's so hopefully it will run right with this meter. I would hate to get my car all together and it run like **** cause the meter isnt calibrated for the injectors.
Thanks again
Ken

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No worries. Even if it's calibrated wrong, you can send it in and get it recalibrated, so it's not the end of the world ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I sent my Pro-M back to be recalibrated and I believe it took 1-1.5 weeks to get it back. Price, about $75 I think.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
just to clear it up.. pro-m uses their own electronics instead of tricking the factory electronics like C&L

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
ReefBlueCoupe said:
just to clear it up.. pro-m uses their own electronics instead of tricking the factory electronics like C&L
They must do it both ways then, because I have a C&L meter I sent to Best Products (PRO-M) and they recalibrated the stock electronics.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
cool.. i was referring to new meters, but with their knowledge Im sure they can take care of any mass ari meter

http://www.pro-flow.com/main.htm

all those links are pretty informative, especially the one on how mass air works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts