Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to trade for an old 68 T-bird with a "Thunderjet" 429, and just curious as to whether any of those came with the 4 bolt mains [yes, I know the two bolt main blocks can handle much rpms, an hp].

I've read that around 69, and the early '70s that the 4 bolt blocks could show up pretty much anywhere, ie big Fords/Merc's, station-wagons, and trucks, but what about vehicles in 1968?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a chance to trade for an old 68 T-bird with a "Thunderjet" 429, and just curious as to whether any of those came with the 4 bolt mains [yes, I know the two bolt main blocks can handle much rpms, an hp].

I've read that around 69, and the early '70s that the 4 bolt blocks could show up pretty much anywhere, ie big Fords/Merc's, station-wagons, and trucks, but what about vehicles in 1968?
NO

NO

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I believe all 2 bolt blocks of that vintage can be made into 4 bolt blocks with new caps and machining. But why? There are lots of 2 bolt stroker BBFs with 600, 700, 800 hp or more living long lives.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Like I said, it was just a curiosity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts