Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, but could not find exactly what I needed. I have a 93 notch, which was a 4 cylinder car, and I want to upgrade to 5 lug discs. I read that I could get rotors off a 80 something ranger, which would be 10" just like what I have. I need to know a part # maybe or what year exactly to get the correct parts. Also, according to what I've heard, the wheel studs are in the hub, and the rotor fits over them. Is that correct? If so, wouldn't I need to change the hub?

I plan on getting some new axles from moser with 5 lugs already on them, so that fixes the rear, but what drums will I need? I have an 8.8 rear, BTW.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get the front rotors and rear drums for a 88 Ranger or Aerostar. The O.D. of the rotors must be turned down a little (down to the cooling ribs), but this can be done in a brake lathe. The drums are a bolt on. The studs are in the rotor, they do not have a seperate hub.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I've never heard of having to turn down the O.D. of the rotors. I found some at autozone today, but it looks to me like they have the same O.D. of the rotors I have now....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
the ranger rotors are slightly larger but fit within the 4 poppers bracket. thats how i did it and i havent had any problems

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good ole China quality!! The ones I had hit the caliper bracket. You have to do a little mix 'n match with the bearing too, but I can't remember exactly what. I believe you have to use Mustang outer races, but i'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
umm i used both my stang bearing with no problemsand probably 4-5000 miles on em so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts