Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gunna build a 331 and a buddy suggested these heads dont know much about them. just figured afr 185's would do well. im trying to figure out what head to go with when i order the rotating assembly so i can ahve the pistons cut. here is what i want. motor should be around 10:1 compression with the 60cc vics i know the flow awsome out of the box just might be to much. btw it will ahve a power adder 150 shot. thanx if you have any input on this and what the combo's netted thanx.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The LS1's have shown us you can have excellent cyllinder head flow ( [email protected]" ) and still have good low and mid range tq. As a matter of fact good flow is necessary for very high mid range tq numbers out of these size motors.

I would think an AFR 205 on a Vic 5.0 intake would work better than the 185. The compression needs to be at least 10:1, preferably 10.5:1 for this type of setup.

What type of numbers are you shooting for?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually dont really have a number im shooting for but id like to ahve it around 450 with some spray on top of it to reach that goal. i know its not gunna put out that much on motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts