Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No luck on doing a search on this topic.

Does anyone know what Denso Ir plugs I need for my AFR heads? I do occasionally run nitrous and my Autolite plugs are two ranges colder than stock plugs, fwiw.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
I have heard their Part # is IQ23... I would just stick with the Autolites IMO..I run the Autolite 3923s and 3922s with the Strap cut back and have never had any problems whatsoever..I just cant see spending $90 for a set of plugs...

Jeff

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that they had reduced chance of blowing out the spark?

I wonder if anyone has seen a difference.

$90 for plugs is steep! I do use autolites with the straps cut back to the center of the other electrode too.

·
Registered
748 Posts
why do you guys cut the straps back ....Just curious.. Does it help keep the plugs run cooler when using N20....

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Helps expose more spark to the fuel. Supposed to be worth a few hp's on a dyno. Not neccesarily related to the juice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
how does the plug do on n/a with the strap cut back or do you cut the strap all the way off. if so could one of you guys post a picture here.

thanksss

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run mine n/a most all the time. Works fine. Good idea for either way, just makes the center electrode wear a little sooner. But for $1 a plug, who cares?

I don't have a digital picture I can post. Sorry. Just use a dremel and cut the curved electrode so it centers over the round electrode. Easy.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My buddy bought into the whole Iridium plug thing, what a waste of money. His car would cut out above 5000 rpm. Granted his car is supercharge and not bottle-fed, but after putting Autolites back into it, it pulls hard right to the limiter.

Good Luck
Brian

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Brian. I'll stay away from those plugs then. Good ole' Autolites for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts