Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about deleting the EGR, is this a good idea or a bad one, would i have to do anything else to keep it runing right such as burn a chip.

thanks in advanced
trace

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
leave it....it dosent operate at WOT and it keeps part throttle intake temps cooler. Yes you would have to have a chip to tell the PCM to turn off the check lights

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
EGR was developed to reduce combustion temps by injecting inert gases into the combustion chamber....obviously we don't want to `reduce' the volume of the combustion chambers (effectively reduced engine displacement) during hard acceleration, so EGR is turned off when you need full power (WOT conditions). At idle, the engine is very sensitive to air/fuel mixture ratios and swirl in the combustion chamber, so introducing EGR at idle is not on either. However at cruise the Fuel/Air mixture is set as lean as possible for maximum economy and this in turn generates the highest temperatures, and so the EEC-V uses these conditions to inject exhaust gas into the inlet manifolds to reduce emissions.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/egr.htm

I removed mine and had the tuner delete it from PCM, too...looks cleaner..other then that and emissions....do whatever you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts