Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 95 GT that the oxygen sensors are bad in it. When we went to the auto parts store the guy said there were four total and that all together they would run approx. $220. He then said we'd be better off getting an off road pipe (Oklahoma No emmisions test) and O2 eliminators. Is this a good idea, do these eliminators actually trick the computer? If so do I need four of those too?
Thanks,
Dean

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've got a 94 Cobra and there are most certainly not 4. There's 2; one in each exhaust pipe. I would definitely go with the off road h-pipe but have never heard of eliminating the O2 sensors, at least in a computer controlled car like ours. That's the only way the computer knows whether the engine is running lean or rich, and it makes decisions based on this exact input. I have also found O2 sensors for about $45 each.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Most parts stores have the 94-95 cars listed with a 4.6L motor. Thats why they say you need 4. I think you can tell them you need 02 sensors for a 93 cougar 5.0L and they are the same thing. Just take yours in and compare them to it.

I changed them awhile back in the cougar and they looked pretty much the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts