Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting the 347 back together and have decided to go with a custom cam instead of the trusty x-cam. I have heard great things about the custom cam gurus on this board and I would like to know what your real-world experiences with any of these guys is like. I would like to hear good and bad(if there is any). I know this has probably been beat to death but I am wondering if there is new knowlege on the board with Cstraub back :)

·
Old timer
5,836 Posts
mustanglx347 said:
I know this has probably been beat to death but I am wondering if there is new knowlege on the board with Cstraub back :)
The only thing that needs to be "beating to death" is Chris Straub... :D

Ed:evil:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would give brian a call at HiTechmotorsport.com

Crazy power, with good driveability, and he is always willing to help out when you got a question for him!!

My old setup with Afr 165's and an x-cam went a best of 12.30 at 114.8 on nittos one time, and my last setup with 185's and the hi tech cam ran 11.60-11.70 consitantly at 119.8. It was a huge improvement!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
To put a B cam in that motor you would have to be retarded! :)

Call Ed Curtis. Despite his willingness to rib Chris Straub, he's really cool to deal with.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe a B cam and a 400 shot :evil:

anyone else have .02?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ed Curtis.... Its kinda scary how much this guy knows... talk to him, you'll see what I mean. He will do you right...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe I should ask how many are running low 12's, high 11's with Ed, Buddy, or Brian's cams. I would like to run this with my set up in the sig on Nitto's, do you think it is possible in a full weight Mustang?

·
Registered
626 Posts
my car ran 11.60 at 119.8 with full weight 90 gt, with cobra r's and nitto drag radials.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want low 12's, high 11's N/A with NO juice. I never even sprayed it before except to test that it worked, I just didn't need it around here.;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
my car ran 11.60 at 119.8 with full weight 90 gt, with cobra r's and nitto drag radials.
Did you tune your car yourself or have a pro do it? I think I really need a good tune cause I ran my car with the cobra intake and 24# injectors a while ago(it was 100 degrees though) and all I could manage was a 13.2 at 109.1 on street tires. I know the car has a lot more in it I just need to work out some of the bugs, looking for tuning suggestions really. I should be running it on slicks soon though, i'm sure that'll help alot too!

·
Registered
626 Posts
car was tuned on the dyno, and custom chip was burned.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Another vote for Ed Curtis. I have ran several of Ed's cams in the past 3-4 years and have never been disappointed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ed thats it, no dinner for you at PRI this year. . .and forget me booking you a room!! No cams here, I will help and guide but I have enough on my platter to contend with. . .roller lifters to be exact right now. . .but do go custom. It is money well spent. As far as new knowledge. . .of course. . .thats why my customers call.

CStraub

1 - 20 of 28 Posts