Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 'Stang in for the third time for the same problem, this time to a different dealer, but the same thing was 'wrong.'

I have a long crank time almost every mourning to start, espicially as compared to when I first got her a month and half ago, then she idles like garbage and corrects herself. As well every other day, she will idle rough at a light, I will give her gas and she will be ok, go to the next lite she is fine, but the third lite she will idle crappy again! Do the same thing to correct and by the 5th lite she usually does it again. She will do this till I turn her off and restart, and then sometimes I have to do that twice!

The first time I brought her to the dealer for this it was NTF. The second they said it was a bad starter and replaced it. Three days later same crap! So I brought it to a different dealer and they kept it over night night to see if they could get a 'code.' Didn't get one, but they said it was a bad starter and replaced it. This was yesterday I got her back. And guess what!?

This mourning it took a long crank time to start again! WTF!

John

btw: I know how to start my car so it is not like I am just hanging on the start postion when I start her.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It could be your idle air bypass solenoid. This solenoid regulates the idle speed. When you are starting your car in the morning try pressing on the throttle a little bit. That way you can be sure that the engine is getting air while you're starting. If your car starts good while applying the throttle a little, then I would replace the idle air bypass solenoid. You can also check the air passages for any blockage.

Later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts