Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery in my 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra has gone dead after the past couple times I have driven it. The car has only 3500 miles and is put away for long periods of time. My uncle and I tested the battery and found a drain with the fuse that operates the power locks, mirrors, keyless entry, interior lights, stereo, speedometer, and odometer. Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of anything like it? Do you think it's a relay? I just thought I'd ask to see if someone here knows anything about it before I take it to the shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you left the battery connected durring storage then it will go dead. If not then you might have a problem.

BTW do you want to sell that yellow Cobra? I've been looking forever, and seen nothing with that few miles.

Pete

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yes I have the same problem with the same circuit in my 98 Cobra! I have pulled out the Keyless remote relay box located behind the Anti theft box on the drivers side of the trunk... I think thats the problem but am not sure yet. We need to work together on this on to kick this problem in the ass. This problem has been annoying me for 8 months now. Call [email protected] 708 528-3374

Danny (SVT CAMR):mad:

I know longer have my computer hooked up so just call my cell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete,
Sorry for the late reply. I was actually going to sell the car over the winter, but a $26,500 offer from a man in the Atlanta, GA area fell through. I may still consider selling, so e-mail me at [email protected] or please give me your e-mail and I will contact you. Thanks.
Adam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danny,
I called your cell, but unfortunately missed you. I really don't know much at all about what could be wrong other than what I said in my post. Whenever I get it into the shop and find out what is wrong, I will contact you. If you have ideas and still want to speak with me, let me know a good time to reach you. Thanks.
Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts