Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
will a 2002 mustang automatic or stick 3.8 dash with wiring harness & body harness work on a 4.6 2002 mustang leaving the wiring of the v6 intact in the dash and will the body harness work as well

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do you plan on swapping gauges too? That I would think would be the only hiccup (as far as 6/8 cylinder).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i done a interior swap to charcoal but my dash has a short so i found a dash off a 3.8 charcoal complete minus the gauges just want to know if i can use either one stick or automatic keeping wiring in tact plug and play

·
Registered
223 Posts
i done a interior swap to charcoal but my dash has a short so i found a dash off a 3.8 charcoal complete minus the gauges just want to know if i can use either one stick or automatic keeping wiring in tact plug and play
I haven't done the swap, so I can't say. But for me, it would be odd for an auto maker to make specific harnesses if they can make just a single generic one. I know in the F-Series, they would use jumpers for auto/manual, as well as other items (like diesel/gas). I'll let someone else chime in about your case.

·
Registered
23,548 Posts
without a wiring diagram, cant be 100%

but i am 99.999% sure it is NOT plug and play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts