Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick and tired of going through rims before I wear out the tires that are on them!:mad:
Yesterday I was coming home from work on I75 and I know that I have to be in the fast lane bc the other 2 lanes are really bumpy but I was boxed in behind a semi and I couldn't get over. So as I am swurving like I am drunk to dodge bumps, potholes, etc. I notice that there is a piece of road that is missing. I swurve to the right and barely caught the left 2 rims in the monster gap. If I would have hit it with both front wheels bye bye front facia. Anyhow after that my car was shaking and I knew that I had bent both of the rims. I took it to belle tire and sure enought the left 2 wheels were bent. I put these wheels on last fall and just took out my car a couple weeks ago so I don't even think I have 4000 on them yet. Man I wish I lived somewhere warm with good roads.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I just put some BBS 18" wheels on my car, and have been worrying about the damn potholes as well (I'm in MI, too).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I know the feeling everytime I come up to MI to get work done on the car I am worried about destroying it on the roads! That and the fuc**** no-fault insurance!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Been there and bent that...MI roads suck the big one!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd go except for the fact that my car is missing some valve springs and a rear end :mad:

How often do you guys meet?

Later

·
Registered
125 Posts
We're going to start monthly, this Wednesday is a general meeting.

May 25-6 is Gingerman (spots still open $250 both days)
June 16th is Demmer Car Show
July 20th is Auto Hall of Fame Car Show
September 21 or 28 is Indianapolis Raceway Park

and we have a few other events planned in between. The calendar is on the website.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya know, if you guys wouldn't be trying to play speed racer, you wouldn't be bending wheels. I have not bent one yet. (knock on wood).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speedracer?

Hey I was just trying to go home with the ford rush hour traffic on a nice day. I was doing below the speed limit in a construction zone(where they were fixing the median instead of fixing the road:mad: )

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
JP said:
Since you're in MI or near it, our local SVTOA chapter is having a general meeting next Wednesday at Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne at 7pm. Hope to meet you there!

http://www.svtoa-semi.com
I'm going to try to make it up there :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man when I was there in 2000, I could not believe that Detroit had pot holes on the damn highway. I mean we have a lot of pot holes around town but not on the highway where you can do 65mph plus. Some of the pot holes in Detroit could swallow a small car. I guess it's all the snow and salt that eats up the road. If I lived in Detroit I would definately want to own a tire shop that does alignments.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If Michigan would quit using concrete on I-75 & throw down some asphalt the pot holes wouldn't be as bad or frequent . On I-75 once you get into Ohio you may have some minor rough surfaces but not like up near Detroit where anymore I can't stand taking the car up to Mt. Clemons cause it's so "F'd" Up! I have nothing against the state of Michigan (outside of that "Team up North " every November), but the roads suck big time. I have been on better gravel roads...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
What's this about "no fault" insurance? Maybe I'm not reading the fine print somewhere closely enough, but doesn't the state have a liability and an obligation to see that the roads are not tearing up cars?

Wouldn't the state be liable for damage to your car?

I know that somehow I'm wrong, but I want someone to tell me so. :)

T

·
Registered
68 Posts
lo pony said:
What's this about "no fault" insurance? Maybe I'm not reading the fine print somewhere closely enough, but doesn't the state have a liability and an obligation to see that the roads are not tearing up cars?

Wouldn't the state be liable for damage to your car?
No-Fault has more to do with your own personal automobile insurance. The State is not liable for any damage to your car, either. I hit a nasty old pothole in Colorado a few years ago on my motorcycle, damn near killed me. Bent the wheels all up and wrenched my back.

State sent me back my claim form saying basically they are immune to any and all liability claims, or otherwise their ability to maintain the roads would be curtailed....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've often wondered what the outcome is in horrendous cases of injury or damage. Man, I'm really sorry to hear about how that happened!

Who decides if they're unliable for damage/injury? They do? State laws? FEDERAL laws? If they're not liable, there has to be a law stating it somewhere. I can think of hundreds of situations where the state MUST be liable for negligence if someone gets hurt, killed, or their car destroyed - doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, thanks for the info. Sorry to see that actual situations like this have very adversely affected someone.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I feel for anybody in the Detroit area!I just spent four days there and i could not believe ..Anywhere in this country could have roads in that condition!I blew out both front shocks on my 0ne ton truck.. detroit in general looked like a bombed out middle east city..Al

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel for ya,

My inlaws live in Detroit. We go up there every year. The roads up there blow big time! I think that is why stock mustangs have a 4x4 stance...ha!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have never had any fatal blows to tires or rims....yet... but my wifes Geo storm with the tricycle tires has had a few. detroit could put discount tire out of business if everybody bought the insurance. my wife hasn't had to buy a new tire in 8yrs on the same car, since every year she blows at least one. I've always considered buying one of those G-tech's, but figured I'd wear it out on the way to work :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts