Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is probably a lounge topic, but since it is about my charger I'll post it here.
As most of you know, I am awaiting the arrival of my new Vortech S-Trim and I am going crazy waiting for it :idunno:
Well I leave my house in the morning to go to work I'd say around 11:45. My UPS guy is sitting outside my house eating lunch?? :confused: I figure that if he had my blower on his truck he would have given me a holler or dropped it off before he decided to take his break. So, not thinking to much about it I figure that the blower will be in Monday. So, I strole back toward my house around 7:30 and find a sticker on my door from UPS saying that they tried to deliver a package from Vortech at 12:00. I was PISSED!!:blam:
Now keep in mind that this is 7:30 PM on a Friday, so I can't get my blower until Monday. A whole weekend out the window!
The worst part about it is that this guy is at my house at least 2-3 times per week for my other obsession (Die-cast model cars and NASCAR). Dam I was mad :curses:
Oh well just wanted to vent. :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
man that has to suck, since the ups guy visits so often I would have a talk with him, but then again you might piss him off and he might screw up more deliveries. I'm glad my ups guy comes about 1 1/2 hours after I get home, I could almost set a clock by him.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I aint sayin nothin to him. Next thing I know, my stuff will be delivered to another state. Never mess with the guy that delivers your toys. :)
I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. :angel:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
thats nothing man. im VERY lucky that i live in a nice neighborhood. my vortech kit was delivered to another HOUSE!!!! the address was all correct and everything on the box. my neighbors called me up and said they delivered the package to their house. i would have been out of $2000 if i didnt kno wmy neighbors and they kept the stuff.
the UPS guys around me are complete A$$holes! they dont deliver any of my stuff when its supposed to and when i track it online and it says "out for delivery" for that day i wait and wait and wait, doing nothing else but watching for the dam truck (because i know they will either skip over my house or something) only to have 8pm roll around and look it up online again to have it say "delivery attempted but nobody was home" !!!! this pisses the hell out of me. i couldnt help but call and complain about the driver.

you know, i see the whole "im not going to say anything to the person that delivers my stuff" but we pay for a service and they are supposed to fulfill their obligation. if it were any other business that did that they wouldnt be in business anymore. and if you complain and something arives broken then you can just take it to the claims department and have them work it out.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
569 Posts
That sucks, I would go crazy. I personally know all of the local UPS, FedEx, Airborn Exp. drivers because of my job so when they have something to deliver to my house they just bring it to me at work in the morning with all of the daily deliveries for work. I love it, and take it for granted after listing to you guys. Good luck

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my neighbors are my grandparents so that's not really an issue for me (real convenient when you are working on the car all day and need lunch, Nanny is always ready to feed you). But the odd thing is, my UPS guy is usually right on. Everything is well taken care of and delivered on time. It's usually Fed Ex that I have an issue with. :hammer:
It's just eating at me now though, knowing that the blower is sitting a few miles from my house and I can't get to it :blam: :idunno:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
lotsaspray said:

It's just eating at me now though, knowing that the blower is sitting a few miles from my house and I can't get to it :blam: :idunno:
i know exactly how you feel.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'd be careful with the UPS guy. According to DTA and other less than reliable shops there is a rash of modular parts coming up missing or getting swapped back to stock by a bunch of these UPS hot rodders!

Ed

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My UPS guy is great! If I'm not at home, and expecting something, I leave him a note to please deliver on the day I get home. Now Fed X sucks azz, I ordered an export waterpump. Got a call from some dude in the next town , said he found it in the middle of the street as it must have fallen out of the fedX truck. I got on line with FedX, and the driver said he had delivered it to my residence! Called them the next day, and made them go pick up the waterpump and deliver it to my house. The driver must have caught hell, as he was pissed. I told him to "have a nice day."

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I have so much stuff on order right now that it's not even funny! I'm waiting on my T-rex, discharge tube, 8-rib idler pulley, Lambdaboy Wideband O2, stock rear rubber fuel lines just to name a few...

Yesterday I tried going to the beach. About 15 min's after I got there it started storming! That's not uncommon around here so I went to get my hair cut. I get home to see a "missed delivery" from USPS. So my wideband is sitting 1/2 mile down the road!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
good luck!

adam

·
Registered
359 Posts
My UPS guy is great. If I'm not home he just leaves the packages at my front door. I live in the sticks, so there isn't a alot of crime. Most people don't even lock their doors. I'm not so sure he will leave my $4000 blower kit there or not......

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
02BLKDRPTOP said:
My UPS guy is great. If I'm not home he just leaves the packages at my front door. I live in the sticks, so there isn't a alot of crime. Most people don't even lock their doors. I'm not so sure he will leave my $4000 blower kit there or not......

He wouldn't know it was a $4,000 blower :) UPS will always leave on the door step unless you request otherwise (which is opposite of Fedex) or the sender requests a sig release.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My UPS guy is cool also. If I'm not home when he comes by he comes back later in the evening when I get home from work, on the other hand FED Ex sucks the big one. They left my GT40 intake and a few other parts in from of my house (big a$$ box). Good thing it was still there when I got home.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You can always go to the UPS center and pick-up your package, too.

It may not be convenient for you, but my UPS Center is only 15 minutes away. So if I really want it, I can go get it...but I'm a lazy ass and will wait for it to be delivered.

My UPS guy is really cool. I've only lost one package, and UPS promptly refunded my money. FED-EX sucks the big one.

I personally like using Airborne Express.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I could'nt go get it because it was Friday night when they tried to drop it off. Their closed on Sat+Sunday. I got it today though. It was my normal guy and he said he was off on Friday. So it was probably some fill in guy. :rolleyes:
Oh well I have it now, and I couldn't be happier.:joy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts