Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m preparing everything I need to install the pro-m and a dakota digital gauge cluster and I just need some help. Dakota digital includes new water temp and oil pressure gauges and I know with that you disconnect the stock ones. But the pro-m system comes with all new sensors as well. Should I splice the wiring to the control box for the Dakota from the pro-m or other way around. I’ve watched install videos of each and just can’t wrap my head around this question. Thank you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can use both, don’t splice as they will not play nice. For water temp, you should have a sender on the heater tube and one on your lower intake. You could always add a thermostat housing that’s pre drilled and threaded for a temp sender. For oil, use the stock location for one, add a sandwich plate that goes between the filter and housing, Glow Shift makes a nice piece for the SBF That has several 1/4” npt ports. FYI I run the Dakota Digital dash and Holley ecu, same type of install for the sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use both, don’t splice as they will not play nice. For water temp, you should have a sender on the heater tube and one on your lower intake. You could always add a thermostat housing that’s pre drilled and threaded for a temp sender. For oil, use the stock location for one, add a sandwich plate that goes between the filter and housing, Glow Shift makes a nice piece for the SBF That has several 1/4” npt ports. FYI I run the Dakota Digital dash and Holley ecu, same type of install for the sensors.
I didn’t know that there were two sensors for the coolant temperature, thank you that helps.

·
Registered
821 Posts
@IgottaV8

did you ever get the pro-m and the Dakota digital working? I’m looking for a Dakota myself.

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@IgottaV8

did you ever get the pro-m and the Dakota digital working? I’m looking for a Dakota myself.

thanks
No I haven't had time to hook everything up yet, but I talked to Chris at Pro-M and he said that the sensors that the gauges use are different than the computer so there wouldn't be any problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dakota Digital has interface modules for many EFI systems but not Pro-M. You could email them and see if there is anything in the works. I would also be interested to know if they plan a Pro-M interface in the future as I have a Dakota cluster and plan to use Pro-M when I build my next engine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you want to be layzie, it has been said that you can buy the dakota digital obd2 module and plug it into pro-m obd2 port and it pulls all its signal from there.

Sensors:

The dakota digital takes the smaller 1/8 npt oil level sensor while pro-m efi uses the larger stock port.

Oil level: Scott drake makes an oil level sender that has both the stock and 1/8 npt fittings which is exactly what you need.

ECT: use two sensors or just use the single pro-m sensor and buy an expansion module that outputs the temp reading from the single pro-m sensor to the digital dash via programable output.

For MPH: without the gps module from dakota digital I / we will have to figure this one out. Somehow we will jlbabe to tap into the vss to get speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts