Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning fellas,

In the efforts of improving my 60' times, I finally have ordered a set of dual adjustable QA1 shocks for the rear. The car already sports, relocated uppers, dual adjustable lowers, and an ARB. I've been hearing conflicting information regarding settings. For loose track conditions what do you guys recommend for compression and extension? I've heard loosening up the compression to cause the tires to bite more and also the exact opposite.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
I have mine set at 4 clicks from full tight on compression (out of 20 clicks) and set at 6 clicks from full loose on extension (out of 20 clicks) You don't want the suspension to compress, if the suspension compresses (squat) then it is actually trying to pull the tires up into the car and not pushing the tires into the track. You want lift (separation) of the body away from the tire, thus pushing the tires into the track. Obviously, it takes more than a rear shock adjustment to get the car to plant the rear tires. Instant Center, Center of Gravity, pinion angle, tire pressure, tire choice and other adjustments that can play a bigger role on getting the car to hook.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine set at 4 clicks from full tight on compression (out of 20 clicks) and set at 6 clicks from full loose on extension (out of 20 clicks) You don't want the suspension to compress, if the suspension compresses (squat) then it is actually trying to pull the tires up into the car and not pushing the tires into the track. You want lift (separation) of the body away from the tire, thus pushing the tires into the track. Obviously, it takes more than a rear shock adjustment to get the car to plant the rear tires. Instant Center, Center of Gravity, pinion angle, tire pressure, tire choice and other adjustments that can play a bigger role on getting the car to hook.
That's what I wad thinking, but this video from QA1 has me confused.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
First off, what is your 60' time and et/power level ? What does the car weigh? What rear tire is on the car? You may not even be at the power level that requires a double adjustable rear shock. So lets start at the beginning.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, what is your 60' time and et/power level ? What does the car weigh? What rear tire is on the car? You may not even be at the power level that requires a double adjustable rear shock. So lets start at the beginning.
My 60s range from 1.5s-1.7s.
With the AZ air and DA of 4000ft the car typically runs 10.4s-60s. Trap speed is usually around 129. She weighs 3200 with me in it. As for power its a 349(.040 over) with 20lbs of boost from a Novi2000. Its on 28x10.5 ET streets with a non transbraked C4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts