Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking for budget heads and I found a pair of 69 D00E for really cheap. How much am I looking to pay to get them usable for my 95? What do i have to do to install larger valves and about much would that cost? I'm new to the heads thing and I would like your input.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
it depends on the machine shop you go to as far as price.
you would have to pay for the valves as well as some machine work. I'd suggest having hardened seats installed at the same time, as well as screw in studs. To bolt them on your '95 you will either need to buy new head bolts with a larger shank ($100+) or buy the bushing/spacer kit ($45).

by the way 69 model heads are C9OE's, 70 and later are DOOE's.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some with this done to them. Is this a good deal doe $350?

Heads have a 3 angle valve job and are ported out to a felpro 1262. Milled and have new valves.

valves

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal to me. There is probably $350 of machine work in them already. Were hardened seats installed?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have new seats. Are they going to bolt up with out any problems? Will my 94-95 headers work and my explorer efi intake? Anything else I need to check on before I get them?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
yea, everything will bolt up fine, but the 351 uses larger head bolts, so you either need to get those spacer/bushings or the ARP bolts for the swap.

also, you may have to buy 3 new bolts to mount the acc. brackets, the earlier castings used smaller bolts there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, cool. I think the guy has a set of the bolts to go with it.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good and accurate info has been provided above. I would add that you'll need different rocker arms as the D00E heads will not use pedestal mount rockers like your old heads.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will need stud mount rockers, right?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You should have the rocker bosses machined and screw in studs installed as well as adjustable rockers. I would recomend 7/16 threads on both ends. 3/8 on the rocker side is ok for low performance as long as you have the ones with the large radius at the hex.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think it's threaded for studs allready but i'm waiting for an e-mail back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts