Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess it might be getting close to that time for me,
So what do you guys think? who has had experience with
either company? And what are your likes and dislikes?
I know I could put something together with(Ross or JE
pistons,and eagle stuff)but for my street car I don't think I need
all of the best,Don't run it at the track much!!thanks.:)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have only dealt with CHP myself.

I have bought 2 assemblies from them, one 306, and one 347. Both kits were perfect and complete.

I have just purchased their rods, pistons, girdle, and intake from CHP for the 408.

I could not be happier with CHP and Probe.

Ian

·
Registered
312 Posts
you selling the 165's?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
D.S.S. Has my vote. I have two buddies that are both running stuff from them. I think both companies have pretty good names for themselves though.

Kyle

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a repeat customer at CHP; first time around bought custom rods and pistons for a 4.0 V-6, they turned out great, and are still running just fine. Second time around we had them build us a custom Dart long block, took a while, as we had to wait for the billet crank, but it's beautiful, and a good price. Wouldn't hesitate to go back for another.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone! I am still looking around?keith craft and some
others. Yeah,The 165's may be up for grabes down the road
here soon?

Anyone else?thanks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
D.S.S. def has my vote, top notch people there, they have no problem sitting on the phone and talking thru a combo with you. Very nice people and easy to work with. Motor actually got done a week early and i had it way earlier than expected.

Rob

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I chose dss, cause they have great cust service and quality.... They used to use probe pistons but had problems with them breaking at the wrist pin.. They now use their own brand now which are lighter and stronger than probes. They have proven that there pistons make more hp than the probes also... just my 2 cents,,

i have never bought from chp, so i can't comment on them.. Everyone who buys from them seems to like them too...

Dss will also give you a deal on a cam and timing chain when you get a short block from them.. I got my anderson cam with t chain installed for an additional $300, you can't even buy the parts for that....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
DSS Here too...

Eric is a good guy at DSS.

Hell after I orded my stuff. We B.S'd for 20 minutes about drag racing, Combos.. ect.. Nice people. Nice Product.

I've ordered from them 3 times..

Have 6 Friends running there parts. All Happy.

·
Registered
845 Posts
DSS, nice people, perfect product..I got the hook up on my X-cam with timing chain installed too...can't beat the deal, motor runs very strong.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man,more and more replys on dss! This is cool,thanks.
I worried about there internals though,of what they really are?
is it stock stuff still,re-done or there own makings?I have herd
the pistons are good,just wondered on rods etc. If you had
to compare to something else!Thanks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Rod quality

Ask Bob Kurgan,Chris Griswold, Tom Conrad, Keith Kohlmann. All have multiple seasons and multiple championships on our rods,Cranks,pistons and engines
Tom

P.S. Kurgan switched to GRP alum rods 2 years ago at our request. We were not real comfortable with 8500RPM through the lights in his 363 XR but he ran 8.00's for two seasons (NMCA and NMRA) with our H beams and a ARP rod bolt upgrade. 8400 never a failure ( higher than we recommend ).

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Funny, reading through the replies I was surprised to see all the DSS fans. Its a much different story now, DSS has one of the worst reputations around.

I guess DSSRacing dug this thread out of its grave so they could toot their own horn.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Funny, reading through the replies I was surprised to see all the DSS fans. Its a much different story now, DSS has one of the worst reputations around.

I guess DSSRacing dug this thread out of its grave so they could toot their own horn.
lol...looks like QC took a 6 year LOA.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
wow, nothing good is gonna come of this, i can see it now

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I went 10.90s with DSS stuff not saying there product is bad. But I tried DSS again just to see how they stacked up 4 years later. Well they just could not compete with CHP. Coast High Performance worked with me to make sure my combo was at a price that I could afford with the best parts. Same kit from DSS was over 600.00 more...! That was after DSS gave me a small discount trying to compete. Right now CHP has 39.99 shipping and free balancing. DSS you have your hands full.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts