Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the mods in my sig (and a 3.73 going in, and the T/A coming out), what kind of numbers can I expect with a custom tune/chip.
I'm just looking for ballpark #'s, I know all cars are different. Just curious.
Can you venture a guess on 1/4 time differential or rwhp/rwtq? Thanks!!
BTW, I don't have a baseline (doh!) to draw from.

I normally wouldn't ask, but I've got to have a chip or reflash with the gears and the Bullitt intake has affected my shift points adversely, so I just figured while I'm at it...

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Well I assume no power adder so I'm guessing not a whole lot out of just the intake, some say it's not really the peak #'s you'll get as much as your power band change. As for the 3.73's, net a nice 60ft. say 1.9 or so and expect a solid .4 to half sec. difference. Go buy some DR's. And why is the TA getting heav-ho? Going to set timing with the chip maybe? My opinion, gears are the bang here. The TA was worth 10rw+ and as for the intake:rolleyes: to each his own.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the T/A is coming out because I'm getting a chip. The chip is already necessary for the speedo correction, so...
Also, I got the intake for a song, so I couldn't turn it down. There is a supercharger in this car's future, so the intake will definately play in then. But even N/A, it makes a difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know what you would gain from this but what kind of chip do you plan on getting? My choice would be the Diablo chip with the selective 2 tune's including the stock tune= 3. They also have the theft device where you turn a seperate key other that your cars on the chip. I think that its a good chip to think about. I want one but i have to pay of my damn speeding ticket right now and traffic school fee :mad: . this sucks...............

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not really looking to for big gains, I guess. I just thought that while they're programming the chip (probably fordchip.com), they might be able to tweek a few 1's and 0's. I can always have the chip reprogrammed for future mods, right?

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Yes your chip can always be re burned. Each company offers different options. Diablo is one price with X# of reburns. JMS is another price with reburns costing $$$ you get the idea. If you want Fordchips just call and ask what he offers.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts