Ford Mustang Forums banner

Custom made 5-lug 1993 cobra rims

215K views 2K replies 186 participants last post by  Alexandros 
#1 · (Edited)
We here at corral are a very community based mustang website. We have connections here that blow my mind. At any rate. It has come to my attention that we have the means to run a limited, maybe new line, of 1993 cobra rims that are 5-LUG!!!!!!

The requirements are the following:
1. We have to secure an order of 20 sets of rims, to make this first run. (I am not naming names as to who where etc., but it can and will be done. I have taken it upon myself, to poll the sales and to try to complete this group order.)
2. Please reply to this ad and in your post, number your self accordingly so that our member can see how many sets we have to go to get the ball rolling.
3. On a poll of 20 or more sets we will majority rule the dimensions to the winners.

Our limited run will resemble 93fiveoh's prototype rims.
THANKS FOR THE PICS 93FIVEOH!!

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Wheels will still be 17x8.5

The only things that can be changed are offset, centerbore and bolt pattern by changing the centermold

maybe the poll should be set up at the top and be up for a vote so that the stats are shown

I am sure the only options we will need are fox stock track, sn95 rear width track, and the oem cobra width track...

#8 ·
17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.72" backpacing.
OR
17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.5" backpacing. This way I can have them widened to 9" and still have room for a 255.
The BS doesn't change with the same offset unless you change the width of the wheel. Remember the offset is from the center of the wheel, which +26mm would mean the hub face is 26mm to the outside of the wheel if I remember right. I believe + numbers are toward the front/outside and - number are to the back/inside, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

#12 · (Edited)
17x8.5 +26mm offset, 5.74" backspacing. I really only need 2 of them, but if necessary I would buy a set of 4. Here's my question to you....are these going to be painted? The run of 20 you get will all have to be the same finish correct? I prefer the painted as pictured.

#13 ·
One more, did you post this over on SVTperformance for the guys over there in the fox cobra forum?

#16 ·
id buy a set, but what would be the best measurements for a fox with 94/95 spindles, cobra brakes all around, & fox length axles with nrc brackets?

#20 ·
heh. i came FROM fanblades on my tbird lx... i dont want them again unless tehy are 17's.. and 5 x 4.25... any chance they could be drilled that way? might check over on tccoa.com, or sccoa.com for interest too.

#21 ·
jim jr is #8.
blk50cobra is #10
sinhumane I do not think they will work unless you upgrade to gt/cobra stuff. The T-bird stuff has a different lug pattern.

And to answer the question. These rims will be roughly 5.75" bs, much like the 99 cobra rims, except you will have another .5" on the other side of the rim. A 255 series tire will work good.

We need 20 sets preorder to get the first run made, then we will go from there. But again, for gt/cobra brakes, 5-lug 1993 cobra rims, 17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.72" backpacing.

We are half the way there everyone. We will work out the details when we get to 20. I posted links on racingjunk.com, stangnet.com, mustangworks.com, I did not do corral yet, doing it now.
Alex

#30 ·
QUOTE:
mustangcam302 said:
Interested in how the wheel situation is going? What is the price per wheel going to be?? And this is the correct offset for a fox with SN95 brakes up front and rear with fox track in the rear? Interested. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Cameron
Price has yet to be determined. We will know when we get at least 20 sets preordered. Yes, they will work with your set up, that is the same set-up I have with a DTS 9" rear. They are much like the 99 cobra's except there will be another 1/2" of rim to the outside of the rim. Perfect for 94/95 spindles and stock fox track.
Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.