Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Alexandros, if you look at the list, there is no #22, so we only had 29 sets with us splitting the one. However, I just sold another set to a friend who isn't on the Corral, so I am putting myself in the #22 slot for another set in satin, so I'm getting two and a half sets. Also, I'll add mikespsych to the list, so now we have 31 sets.

-MJS

#1 Alexandros--------------------------29.5mm----CHROME
#2 yellow&blcak95gt------------26mm--------------SATIN
#3 CobraSteve-----------------26mm--------------CHROME
#4 MJS/ALEXANDROS-------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#5 siksnake----------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#6 scsvt-----------------------26mm---------------SATIN
#7 STREETFIGHTER50-------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#8 JimJr--------------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#9 jkcobra98---------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#10 blk50cobra-----------------26mm---------------SATIN
#11 robh-------------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#12 mlanoux----------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#13 runin1320--------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#14 umachnme?-------------------------29.5mm----SATIN
#15 88gtconvert------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#16 MJS--------------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#17 93kingcobra------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#18 aaronlstiles-------------------------29.5mm
#19 awilson-----------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#20 oldtimer----------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#21 yellowcar2--------------------------29.5mm----SATIN
#22 MJS--------------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#23 jw33-------------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#24 93svtcobra----------------26mm----------------SATIN
#25 Art Zarate Jr.----------------------29.5mm------CHROME
#26 knuckles4696
#27 KC/Cobra---------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN
#28 Glasnost----------------------------29.5mm-----CHROME
#29 1992GTdrop---------------26mm
#30 ackdog--------------------26mm----------------SATIN
#31 mikepsych--------------------------29.5mm-----SATIN

· Registered
936 Posts
MJS, we still have to split our set of rims, we are both getting 1/2 of one set bruzza. And however many other sets we bought, so far I am at 1.5 sets last time I counted. Does anyone know if anyone changed their mind and had to bail on their order?
Alexandros,

Great news indeed. I'm still down for 2.5 sets, but if there is a shortage of wheels for the members on the original list, I can go down to 1.5 sets. Either way is fine, and I'll leave that up to you guys to figure who gets a set if it comes down to that. Because we are splitting a set, I will PM you with my contact info.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
umm thunderbirds have 5 lug.. they have cobra replicas in chrome,silver look the same with out center cap?? any thunderbird has them so go find one at a junk yard near you!
Thunderbird wheels are 15 inch, not 17 inch, have a smaller five lug pattern, same as Taurus, wrong backspace, and different center cap size. Similar styling, totally different wheel. Don't feel too bad though, people have been making this mistake since 1993.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
What you really need to do is set aside a block of time and read this entire thread from beginning to end, all of these questions have been answered in great detail. This wheel will work very well with your existing front setup and Fox length axles in the back, giving you a standard Fox-width rear. The company that is making them will only make them this way, not in any custom backspace, so that's what you (and the rest of us) need to do to run them.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
They are supposed to be in country this week, but I would imagine that they have to go through quality control to make sure they are all up to spec; have a center cap and the removal tool, measurements are correct, paint finish, etc. That takes time. Patience is a virtue.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
Those 5-Lug Cobra replica's look great! What was the final width of those? 8 or 9 in? I'd consider a set if a second order is made.
They are 8.5" wide. You can put yourself on the second list if you are serious and really want a set.

Question.....

Will chrome come with chrome center caps?

If not, are the center caps actual aluminum that can be polished?
The center caps are brushed stainless just like the originals. They can probably be polished, ask a professional polishing shop for an opinion there. Wheel Replicas offers the four lug repros in chrome with the standard brushed cap, and they look good that way.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
Need some pix of some tire's mounted and installed on your ride guy's. :)I'm still waiting for my phone call from Jeffo.
When I called Jeff, he said that calling him actually works the best as he works sometimes 16 hours a day, and is on the phone for about half of that. So give him a call to get it set up. That goes for anyone on the list still waiting.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
First set!!!*

*In Arizona anyway. Actually, the first 2.5 sets.

Just checked them out, all perfect. They look just like the others, so no need for a pic. Tomorrow, the work starts to get them on the car, after it comes out of storage and gets a bath.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
Got 'em on...

Took the dirty snake out of 2.5 year storage, gave it a bath, and pulled the R wheels off to have the tires swapped onto the new Cobra wheels. My car has Eibach springs and the Motorsport M2300-K '94-'95 Cobra disc brake kit, so it has the longer SN95 rear axles. Tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3, 255/40 front and 275/40 rear. Both sizes look good on the 8.5" wheels.

As expected, the fronts are perfectly placed, the rears stick out a little but no more than the 6.42 b/s R wheels did, so the 275/40s clear the fenders OK with the rolled lips. Looks like you can get away with 255/40s out back without rolling the lips on SN95 axles, but I am going to use the Ranger axle swap with the North Race Cars relocation brackets, possibly tomorrow, so I'll post pics of that change when I do it so y'all can compare the different positions.

It's nice to have the '93 Cobra look like a '93 Cobra again.

-MJS

· Registered
936 Posts
Those pics put a BIG smile on my face! I have a set of wheels, and do not even have a 93 Cobra to put them on yet! Eventually I will have one!!!
These cars hold their value very well, perhaps better than any of the other Cobras up to the Terminators. But I'll say this: Due to this cagey economy that we're all mired in at the moment, there are some good deals to be had. Patience will find you the exact right car at the right price, and it doesn't seem to be a problem finding clean '93 Cobras with low miles either; 40K or less seems to be the norm.

-MJS

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.