Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.72" backpacing.
OR
17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.5" backpacing. This way I can have them widened to 9" and still have room for a 255.
The BS doesn't change with the same offset unless you change the width of the wheel. Remember the offset is from the center of the wheel, which +26mm would mean the hub face is 26mm to the outside of the wheel if I remember right. I believe + numbers are toward the front/outside and - number are to the back/inside, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wheels will still be 17x8.5

The only things that can be changed are offset, centerbore and bolt pattern by changing the centermold

maybe the poll should be set up at the top and be up for a vote so that the stats are shown

I am sure the only options we will need are fox stock track, sn95 rear width track, and the oem cobra width track...

The wheel track is the same between the SN95, Cobra, and T-Bird if I'm not mistaken, which is 3/4" per side wider than the Fox track.

·
Registered
290 Posts
We need 20 sets preorder to get the first run made, then we will go from there. But again, for gt/cobra brakes, 5-lug 1993 cobra rims, 17x8.5" wheel with a +26mm offset, and 5.72" backpacing.

We are half the way there everyone. We will work out the details when we get to 20. I posted links on racingjunk.com, stangnet.com, mustangworks.com, I did not do corral yet, doing it now.
Alex

Then if we were to do 5 lug it would require 60 pieces of each finish (ie 120 wheels as we have lefts and rights). I would do this, but do not desire to stock them as there is not a "high" demand for them.

I do not mind doing it, but things to consider -- even if we sell 20 sets, that means I am sitting on 10 sets in my warehouse - which is more than the profit from the 20 sets. If it is cost effective then we could look at it.
The way I read it from Jeffo, the minimum to be sold would be 30 sets.

·
Registered
290 Posts
huh? Wouldn't a 29.5mm BS put the wheel further inside the fender well vs. a 26mm BS wheel? Or am I crazy?

regardless I'm still in. I have a full MM car and I need to tuck my front wheels back under my car after widening the track width with K-member/control arms/94-95 spindles. My 18x9 FR500 with 24mm BS are a little too wide unless I were to crank in a bunch of negative camber.

Sort of right. The number listed is not the backspacing though, it is the offset from the center of the wheel width. Positive number of offset is setting the mounting flange toward the front lip (outside) of the wheel and negative numbers is placing it toward the back lip (inside) of the wheel. +29.5mm offset puts the backspacing at something like 6" (not doing the calculations) where the 26mm is ~5.74" BS.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just thinking of listing some pros/cons for each offset we're considering. Any others I’m missing?

+26 mm offset pros
Provide more fender clearance for those who use 96+ spindles and/or most aftermarket K-members.
Provide more fender clearance to run a wider (275/40) tire up front.
Help with fender clearance issues especially if you lowered your car over 1.5”.
Will this not help provide more REAR fender clearance for those with SN-95 axles and wide tires?

+29.5 mm offset pros
Help those who plan on widening these wheels.
Help fill the wheel wells for those with near stock Fox length axles (sit closer to the outside).
You have it backwards.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

·
Registered
290 Posts
MJS said:
Edit - I tried to make two columns, but the forum software put them back next to the names.
#1 Alexandros......................29.5mm
#2 yellow&blcak95gt..........................26mm
#3 CobraSteve..................................26mm
#4 Fastfox400...................................26mm
#5 fromme........................................26mm
#6 scsvt..........................................26mm
#7 STREETFIGHTER50................................
#8 JimJr.............................29.5mm...........
#9 jkcobra98.....................................26mm
#10 blk50cobra..................................26mm
#11 robh............................29.5mm............
#12 mlanoux.......................29.5mm............
#13 runin1320...................................26mm
#14 umachnme....................29.5mm...........
#15 88gtconvert
#16 MJS.............................29.5mm...........
#17 93kingcobra...................29.5mm..........
#18 aaronlstiles....................29.5mm..........
#19 awilson.........................29.5mm..........
#20 oldtimer............................................
#21 yellowcar2........................................
#23 jw33............................29.5mm..........
#24 93svtcobra................................26mm
#25 ArtZarateJr................................26mm
#26 knuckles4696.....................................
#27 KC/Cobra......................29.5mm..........
#28 Glasnost.......................29.5mm..........
#29 1992GTdrop...............................26mm
#30 93Cobra#2771...............29.5mm..........
Sorta but I split it into 3 to make it easier to count.

·
Registered
290 Posts
As expected, the fronts are perfectly placed, the rears stick out a little but no more than the 6.42 b/s R wheels did, so the 275/40s clear the fenders OK with the rolled lips. Looks like you can get away with 255/40s out back without rolling the lips on SN95 axles, but I am going to use the Ranger axle swap with the North Race Cars relocation brackets, possibly tomorrow, so I'll post pics of that change when I do it so y'all can compare the different positions.
Can you get a little better shot of how far they stickout when you do the swap. It is a little hard to see how far they come to the fender lip from you pics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What is the repro center cap made of? I think the OEMs were brushed stainless. I was going to call a local plater to get a rough idea of whether I get chrome or satin. Emerald green and can't make my mind up on finish.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts