Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purachsed a CSI electric water pump and have a question about what to do with the heater core coolant feed line hookups. The new pump does not have provisions for the heater core coolant lines. This is fine, because I have removed the heater core already. However I am at a loss to find a upper radiator hose water neck without a fitting for the heater core coolant hose. Also, do you just plug off the spot where the heater core coolant line hooks into the intake? Will that allow the coolant to flow properly? I don't want to create any "hot spots" and I want the car to warm up normally. Other people that are running CSI electric pumps, how did you configure the plumbing? (pictures are appreciated)

·
Registered
63 Posts
im having the same problem i have the CSR water pump, and to boot a roots 174 blower that completely prevents any use of a 90* or even 45*water neck.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Jut put a pipe plug into the intake, and you can buy a coolant line cap for the thermostat housing. Remember you shouldn't run a thermostat with that electric pump, its hard on the electric motor. What you need is a coolant restrictor. The restrictor is just a flat disk with a specific sized hole drilled into it, that takes place of the thermostat. You can buy them in packs of 3 with 3 different size holes at just about any large auto parts store chain....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am wonderin about this as wel, pics would be great!!

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I pulled the hose nipple out of the housing with some channel locks, and an air chisel. I then tapped the housing with a 3/4" NPT tap (I think) and put a plug in it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Moroso pump, No heater hoses can be used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts