Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swapped cc (control module, black box, steering colum, etc.) from an 86 to an 85 vert and now it does not work, it worked fine on the 86 prior to the swap. i performed a search in the forums and tried everything listed, checked fuse (duh), vac hoses, wires, connections, everything i can think of and still it does not work. did i miss something in the swap? any help will be greatly appreciated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
885 Posts
My 83 has wires at the speedo gear, my 81 (non cruise) does not. Im gussing its a seed sensor. Did you get that as well, if it was there?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still nothing,
i just finished swapping out the speedo cable and the mini wiring harness that connects to it (off of the 86 and on to the 85). the cruise control still does not work, anybody have any advice on what i should try next? does the computer monitor the cruise control in anyway?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
There are also switches/wiring used by the cruise control mounted to the brake pedal and the clutch (if you have a stick). The switch on the brake disengages the cruise and so does the one on the clutch. Did you get those two in the swap also?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts