Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after playing with the blown EFI stuff for a few years, then last year swapping in the N/A carbed 408 I recently got the NX Gemini Twin kit installed to with play power adders again. Today I was racing in a local 10.0 index series so I needed more than I had on motor...test time.

Best motor pass set-up with timing backed down a few degrees and in worse conditions then I ran my sig numbers it put down a 10.56 @ 128.23 with a 1.49 60'. Cranked the bottle open and let it fly next pass. Mind you it's jetted as small as I could (I'm a beginner remember) so the 50 shot it was. 60' dropped a bit to a spinning 1.45 and it blew trhough the traps to a 10.13 @ 134.30!!! Qualified 3rd but got knocked out second round. Ran a 10.13, 10.15 and a spinning 10.19 all at 134mph.

I couldn't belive I gained a hair over 6mph at that power level with only a 50 shot. NX has made me a believer.:drool:

Next up...100 shot. I hate being out run by Chevies....:evil:

No real tech here, I just am in disbelief that I could pick up so much on such a small amount of the juice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Tim ,nice work.I guess you're gonna wait for the last run of the season to put in the 200 pills ,huh?:evil:
Scott
By the way my heads are finished ,with the clean up job and at the machine shop for a good 3 angle valve job,things are starting to come together,should be running in time for the shootout in August(if everything goes according to plan).

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent Scott! I look forward to seeing you back at the track.

I'm going to need a gear swap soon I think. 7100rpm through the traps. LOL!

I wantto get agroup of friends together for a test and tune early august and I think I'll be loaded with the 100hp pills then. I'd expect my first 9 second pass shortly.

My last race today I was sandbagged huge! Class champ and myself. My 1/8 numbers 6.52 @ 107, his 6.33 @ 111. At the end my 10.19 @ 134.23 to his 10.15 @ 129. He was 4mph ahead, but I ended up 5 ahead in the end. He ran it hard to 3/4 track and paced me the rest of the way about 1 car length. School is in..and the pupil has learned. I'm coming with plenty next time, use it when I need it.

I had my foot through the floor pan, but I didn't bring enough. I had one helluva time though, great day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you're going to pull a gear change soon and want to sell the 4:10s reasonable let me know,I think I may need to take a little gear out of the car this year,especially since I am losing the OD.
Scott

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
..quit fartin' around with the small stuff and put in the BIG jets!!!..hehee..:D:D j/k..
N2O difinitely gives ya a kicjk in the shorts!!

Congrats On the new times!!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! The big jets would be insane Kevin. I'm new to this and was amazed by just the 50.

Scott, are you looking for a set of 4.10's? I have a spare set I bought a while back. Having a back-up set couldn't hurt right?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Kick ass...nice runs. I think you picked up that much from mainly the cooling effect the nitrous has....especally since you said the air conditions where not the best. I can't wait to get mine running and tuned so I can finally open the bottle on it with my nx efi plate kit.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weather was average for around here Jeff, far from ideal but it has been worse. I'd have loved to run back in early May with this set-up, I'll have to tough it out and wait for the fall now.

Good luck getting yours sorted out. You've already got some impressive motor times, the nitrous runs should be pretty damn impressive too.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
BigMike said:
Can you just go 9's already........Jeezzzzzzzzz. Quit screwin around guy!

:)
Next on the bottle pass it will go 9's. Hopefully I can get one in before I get the boot off the track.

Clint, weather wasn't too bad. Temps were mid 20's. Humidity was in the 80% range though and low pressure. Not bad, not great. Timing was manually retraded 2 degrees with the distributor. Quicker and easier than running more wiring. I hate wiring....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Awesome, Tim!!

How did the convertor feel? I bet on the 100 shot, it will be a LOT looser than it is N/A. That extra power may give you some more rpms too unless you are running a lockup.

9s are soon, very soon!! Awesome!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that at some point on August 2nd...there will be a 9 second pass out of it.

Jay, the convertor seems to be agreeing with it so far. It's really slamming the tires now to the point where they are just spinning and clawing for traction. Time to work the suspension a wee bit more. I did pick up 300rpm or so in the traps and it's just passing 7000rpm. I'm going to try it at the 100 shot level and then probably drop back down to the 3.73's in the near future, late august most likely. It is a non-lock-up convertor by the way, a TCT 8" unit.

·
Registered
655 Posts
TC89LX said:
Next on the bottle pass it will go 9's. Hopefully I can get one in before I get the boot off the track.

Clint, weather wasn't too bad. Temps were mid 20's. Humidity was in the 80% range though and low pressure. Not bad, not great. Timing was manually retraded 2 degrees with the distributor. Quicker and easier than running more wiring. I hate wiring....
why would you get booted? Isn't your cage legit for a 9second pass? Or you don't have a license for it?

Nice times, thing would be a beast on a gemini dual stage!

Wassup low 9's. =)

That camshaft that ed did for you, was it originally intended to benefit the motor N/A or on N20?

:cool:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm currently only legal for 10.00, anything quicker means some more pipework, safety gear and licensing. I want to dip into the high 9's, but I really have no intention of going further into the 9's until I get legal over this upcoming winter. I'm running a 10.0 index class locally so I just need to get it as close as possible.

The cam is not intended as a nitrous cam and was degreed in on Ed's recommendations for NA power. It seems to be doing both reasonably well so I really have no complaints. If I ever dedictae the set-up to nitrous full time I'll be talking to Ed again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts