Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my car said it has a crate motor. I havent been able to contact him so I need to know if there is any where on the block I should look to see who made the block or where it came from. Same thing with the internals and heads. I got the numbers off the pistions but not the heads. I 'am starting a TT setup and want to know if there are any differences(specs/strength) between the crate motor with new internals and the oem stuff. So I know if the information i get about my car is appliable with the crate motor.

Thanks,

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a crate motor once that had an aluminum tag on the bottom of the block by the motor mount. Told the year it was reman'ed. Hope that helps. Generally over the counter crate motors, such as Jasper and Auto Zone have cast pistons and 302 firing order cams.

·
Registered
475 Posts
depends on what kind of crate motor...performance or reman.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tag, I know it's not a performace motor cuz I new the previous owner well. Oem pistons were forged correct? If so, aren't cast pistons a little weaker. And whats the 302 firing order cams? One last lame questions; are all crate motors if not performance, remanufactured motors.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is it a Motorsport crate motor?does it have aluminum head on it?More than likely if its a Ford crate motor it will have hypereutectics in it,but not for sure

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the part numbers

F*** Ya, I got the nubers!

Block is 30-E7TE-CA-S / Crank is E7AE-AA /
Pistons are E7**-6100-CA (could not make those two out, too much carbon buildup)
Rods are D1OE-AA /
The only think I saw on the heads were by the spring retainers saying 8F10 / Dont know yet about cam

Can any one tell me what this means? Is my crate motor a rebuilt block or a new one? And are these parts the same as the origional motor.

Time to do some research for my self, but replies are greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts