Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ford RPM Extender.
Plug and Play.
Under $300 new, under $250 used. Transforms the car. Easy 15hp and you can run lower octane.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: crappy 94/95 computers

scraejtp said:
How do you fix or with what do you usually replace the stock 94/95 computers?
I know where you're coming from, but the computer itself doesn't suck, just the calibration. I've found that the Cobra's computer (J4J1) calibration works a lot nicer in my car. Assuming you have a 5-Speed car, you could swap the computers and install a set of 24# injectors and be good to go.

For probly less money you could do some other options:

Swap in an A9L from a Fox car (Pro-M PIH kit)
Get a chip (JMS etc)
Pick up an FMS Extender (I haven't used one, but I believe it tunes mostly your WOT performance)
Get an EEC Tuner / TwEECer and tune the calibration yourself (This is what I did)

It depends on how much involvement you want in the tuning process, and what you plan on doing to the car. For my car I took the J4J1 calibration and imported the T4MO ('95 GT) MAF transfer function, set it up for 19# injectors, and got rid of the timing retard after shifts. This resulted in eliminating my ping problem as well as giving a nice seat of the pants improvement.

Shawn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shawn is that pic of that green gt yours? if it is from what i can see mine is identical.

95gt vert bassani o/r dynomax, steeda stage 1 chrome r's more mods coming this summer

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Sorry, off-topic but..

95-302_GreenHornet said:
Shawn is that pic of that green gt yours? if it is from what i can see mine is identical.
Sure is. Here's a bigger pic, from when I had the wing off:

Shawn

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got an extender used and it works great for me. One of the biggest reasons I got it was to eliminate the rev limiter. It also allows you to tweek the air/fuel ratio and it does get rid of the shift retard that our cars have.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey 289cobrajet, if you get a chance, shoot those schematics over my way. I'm always up for a little home moddin'.

I X L
95 Cobra hardtop convertible
"an Evil SVT in the making"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shawn,

Hey I have an EEC Tuner on the way and have basic bolt ons like you for now. Can I get a copy of the EEC tuner file you are running?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
glennf1 said:
Shawn,

Hey I have an EEC Tuner on the way and have basic bolt ons like you for now. Can I get a copy of the EEC tuner file you are running?
I'm actually using a TwEECer, but you might be able to import / convert the .CCF file into the Tuner's software (I haven't used an EEC Tuner). I'll shoot you an e-mail with it attached if you can work with it.

Shawn

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got a ProM PIH kit off ebay. It looks like I have to do a lot of splicing and I don't have a clue. Anyone have any tips?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
PIH kit destructions

wildyellow said:
I just got a ProM PIH kit off ebay. It looks like I have to do a lot of splicing and I don't have a clue. Anyone have any tips?
Thanks
I scanned the directions from my PIH kit before I sold it. Download and print these files (they look huge on the computer, but they had to be to look good when printed).:D

PIH Instructions - Page 1

PIH Instructions - Page 2

PIH Instructions - Page 3

PIH Instructions - Page 4

PIH Instructions - Page 5

PIH Instructions - Page 6

Hope this helps!

Shawn

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Shawn, that's a big help. I still have doubts about my ability to get it done right. I'll let you know. Thanks again.
Greg

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Lance-G60 said:
How much is the kit? Where can I buy it new? I cant find it on the Pro-M website anywhere.
I believe Power by Ford distributes those.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just did a v8 swap in my 95lx and I am about to start puttin some goodies on it. I am interested in the EEC tuner u all mentioned. Where is a good place to purchase this from? Also should I order the extender to or would I be ok with just the tuner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts