Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 tbird with the 5.0 (should be same as 94-95 mustang 5.0) and I am looking into getting a crab cap distributor for my engine to help with clearance on my M112 supercharger build. This is a budget build so I don't want to buy the MSD distributor with the cap but only switch the cap (and rotor if I need) on my stock distributor to the crab cap style.

Here is an example of the cap I am looking at:

If not is there any other sort of distributor caps or anything that would work to clearance distrubutor? I know theres the explorer trigger wheel but a crab cap seemed easier

Thanks for any help

· Registered
2,253 Posts
I've never seen anyone try to put one of these caps on a EFI SBF. For $26 worth a shot if you need a different option from a standard cap. At least it has brass terminals. The other option would be a cop conversion but $$.

· Registered
4,028 Posts
I have a 92 tbird with the 5.0 (should be same as 94-95 mustang 5.0) and I am looking into getting a crab cap distributor for my engine to help with clearance on my M112 supercharger build. This is a budget build so I don't want to buy the MSD distributor with the cap but only switch the cap (and rotor if I need) on my stock distributor to the crab cap style.

Here is an example of the cap I am looking at:

If not is there any other sort of distributor caps or anything that would work to clearance distrubutor? I know theres the explorer trigger wheel but a crab cap seemed easier

Thanks for any help
So you want to put a supercharger that doesn't belong on an engine and you want to call it budget?

Ive seen this swap before. Its not for the budget friendly minded.

Back in the day they used to have a kit that did exactly what you wanted to do but those are hidden in someones basement never to b seen again.

Sometimes you have to buy the correct parts in order to move forward.

In the end its been said 1000x, everyone has the money to do it right the second time.

· Old timer
7,012 Posts
Sometimes you have to buy the correct parts in order to move forward.

In the end its been said 1000x, everyone has the money to do it right the second time.
FACT

· Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
1,756 Posts
Might catch a flight out for my Canadian buddies to do some ice fishing for winter Rainbows and Barbot. The latter makes great fish sticks and can be treated like lobster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts