Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked for some threads to try to get some info. But none really are in the same direction I'm going. So I figured I'd just ask.

I've got an 04 mustang coupe. I've stripped it to a shell. Doing cage and mini tub work. Plans were to put my 434w and th400 in it. But I'm now itching to do a coyote swap. Looking for more of a streetable beast.

My question is .... I get a complete coyote motor swap and use the ford racing control pack. Is that all I'll need for the motor to run as far as wiring? I'll run a return fuel system and some auto meter gauges. I'm not gonna run power steering or brakes. This car was a track car. Thanks in advance for your info.

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Yes buy the control pack and make sure the engine has all the wiring it is supposed to(one connector that goes to the computer). The control pack is the interface between the vehicle and the computer. Good luck, you will not be sorry, the coyote power plant is awesome!

· Registered
8,909 Posts
that has nothing to do with the swap, whatever you have remains.
Well the OP says his car is stripped to a shell. In that case or the person before you, they are on their own to source that.

To then, be it a fox, a 96 cobra, or a 2005 V6, the body harness doesn't get replaced. The ford racing control pack is just the engine wiring, computer, and fuse box for those items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.