Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a 87 Coyote Swapped Coupe W/UPR K Member that has BBK Longtube Headers. I want to switch over to Kooks 1 3/4" Headers,...I have heard conflicting stories as to whether the Kooks Headers will work W/the Mororso Oil Pan. Is anyone currently using Kooks Headers W/Moroso's Oil pan and did you have to do any fab work to make them work together?

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much man. Very clean looking setup you have there. Are you N/A and did the bigger headers hurt you bottom end at all? My tuner actually suggested that I go with the 1 75". I was like Huh? Lol

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Thank you very much. Yes I'm na but I plan on revving it to 8000+ rpm. On e85. I have a cobra jet intake so I'll lose a little low end to begin with. I'm not worried about it. I plan to run a custom 3" exhaust with custom x pipe and bora xr1 oval mufflers dumped at the axle.
Also my engine is set back 1" now. Not sure how it would affect the upr k member but my team z needed to be clearanced slightly

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top notch ride man!!! Kooks now makes an X Pipe specific for the coyote swapped headers,...it aint cheap, but a 3 piece easy fit per Kooks. Its advertised on there website. Your car is going to sound absolutely wicked @ 8K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.