Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers, pic for attention

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Cloud

I'm wanting to coyote/6r80 swap my '91 Wild strawberry GT. Has anyone done it using a complete 2wd auto F150 donor. I know that hotwire auto can delete pats from the computer. I can thin the harness myself is it doable? I don't need all the hersepowers it is a cruiser. Stock f150 motor and trans would be fine for me.

TIA

· Registered
10,375 Posts
It's been done. You'll still need things like a K-member, and do convert to manual brakes or hydroboost. The engine and trans are frequently sourced from an F150, and there are control packs to control them. Unsure if the OE F150 wiring could be used.

The brunt of the cost will be all the nickle and dime stuff like AC brackets and power steering brackets and headers and trans crossmember and all the little bits needed to put an F150 engine/trans into a Mustang.

· Vendor
19 Posts
It's been done. You'll still need things like a K-member, and do convert to manual brakes or hydroboost. The engine and trans are frequently sourced from an F150, and there are control packs to control them. Unsure if the OE F150 wiring could be used.

The brunt of the cost will be all the nickle and dime stuff like AC brackets and power steering brackets and headers and trans crossmember and all the little bits needed to put an F150 engine/trans into a Mustang.
I've got a better solution! Get a iBooster for brakes, and a Mazda power steering pump (They are cheaper than volvo pumps because no one was able to run them in limp mode).
Something along these lines: 2010-2011 MAZDA 3 ELECTRIC POWER STEERING PUMP MOTOR 10-11 OEM | eBay

I sell a controller to run them as well: PSC

And here's how it looks: S13 and works: August 28, 2022

1 - 5 of 5 Posts