Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99GT. The engine is stock save for pullies and a Timing adjuster. I have been thinking about getting an All Ford EFI kit from NX. I have a couple of questions:

1. How high of a jetting can I get away with on a stock engine?

2. As I said above, I have a timing adjuster. Will setting back the timing take the place of having a chip burned or are there other safety benefits with the chip?

3. Will the use of a window switch help decrease the likelyhood of fuel puddling, or is it simply to keep the motor from overreving?

Any information you could give me would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
1) i would not go past 150 on a modular motor i have seen to many blow up when people get stupid and want more

2) a timing adjuster is a good addtion but you have to remeber your computer adjust your timing so you it help a little but if i were you get a custom burn chip with a 2 bank program one for na and one for nitrous

3) yes a windows switch would help decrease fuel pudding but not by much you are still going to have fuel pudding and a window switch will keep the motor from the driver missing a gear and blowing up the motor

i hope i help you

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
LXMATT said:

3) yes a windows switch would help decrease fuel pudding but not by much you are still going to have fuel pudding and a window switch will keep the motor from the driver missing a gear and blowing up the motor

i hope i help you
If you have the NOS come on at 3000+RPM there is no way in hell it will puddle!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
1. 150 max and that is pushing it IMO

2. Set the timing back to stock and run 93 when spraying...and if you are running more than a 100 shot I would retard timing a few degrees

3. fuel puddling often occurs when you hit the rev limiter or spray too low, so yes a window switch will help

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
100 shot max, run copper plugs gapped at 0.035", NGK TR-6 or AWSF-22C. Retard timing 0-2 degrees, never more than stock timing. Don't even think of running nitrous with the stock platinum plugs.

You need an RPM window switch (3000-5800 rpm) and low fuel pressure safety switch set at 32 psi, in addition to the WOT switch, in my opinion. Also, a bottle heater is nice. You need a really good chassis to put all that torque to the pavement.

If you want to run more than a 100 shot, you will need a fuel pump and a dyno safe verified tune. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would tend to stay in the 150 and below range with a stock 99 motor. I would definetly upgrade the fuel pump on anything over a 100 shot though! If you decide on getting a kit, let me know, I got them in Stock and can give you a great deal!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey guys, What about a wet NX 75 shot on a 96 Cobra? Do I need to decrease timing or add a better fuel pump? Doesnt NX rate their kits at the wheels? So basically a 75 shot is like a 100 shot?

·
Registered
148 Posts
NX rates there jets in RWHP, so yes a NX 75 shot would be like a NOS/Zex/TNT/Edelbrock 100 shot. On your 96 cobra with only a 75 shot, I would not worry too much about the pump, couldnt hurt though! If you wanna play it safe you could pull 2 degrees when running the shot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts