Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Has anyone asked why he's not doing Hatch windows?
I called them today they hope to be able to do Hatches by the end of the year but the price is going up on both Coupe and Hatch they said. I got on a list and offered to be one of the first. Building my drivetrain right now and hope to do a complete paint and body next year so. Going to start looking for the hard parts to find this is #1 on that list.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Windows arrived. Impeccably packaged. Beautiful and can’t wait to install.

Only problem is the rest of my trim now may need to be upgraded to match!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Those look awesome

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Install Day!!

Prior to removing old goop. Yes my car was dark blue when I bought it and I never pulled the windows when I garage painted her.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Super awesome packaging!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The new PAL nut comparison- LMR are bigger but the FResto ones have built in gasket material. I like them better

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Butyl rubber strip applied same location as stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Driver side in perfectly. Passenger side needs a bit of positional tweaking still. Sticks out a bit on rearward side still.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Passenger side in. Flat and sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The Fox Resto option was expensive but i couldn’t be more pleased. Molding is absolutely perfect. It was always an eye sore in my coupe and it’s great that’s no longer the case.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Looks good!

i was going to go that route, but ended up getting my hands on Daniel Carpenter quarter glass for pretty much the same price. Hopefully I didn’t pay too much as lmr is getting the first batch soon and they have not released pricing. They look as good as your set. They say mustang, but don’t say carlite.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I didn’t realize they made the coupe windows. That’s interesting. What do those run for the pair?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
i was going to go that route, but ended up getting my hands on Daniel Carpenter quarter glass for pretty much the same price. Hopefully I didn’t pay too much as lmr is getting the first batch soon and they have not released pricing. They look as good as your set. They say mustang, but don’t say carlite.
I had a feeling those were coming out. Glad i held off from buying a pair of the LMR blank ones.

Looks like i'll put a pair of those on my winter mod list

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
LMR doesn’t sell coupe windows last I checked.

(But as of 6-12-2019 apparently they do $700)

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Apparently Scott drake makes the hatch windows that do not say mustang on the glass. I saw a set and was unimpressed with the rubber, but the price is under 400.

I do not know what the pricing for Daniel Carpenter coupe quarter windows will be. Before I bought my set I wanted to make sure I wasn’t paying too much and they (DC) told me price is set by the seller and advised me that they have 10 sets that will be going to LMR in a few days. I called LMR and they would not tell me pricing.

Apparently, at least 3 sets showed up last weekend at Ford Carlisle for $600. My set is from that batch. Hopefully that will be the price, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I had a feeling those were coming out. Glad i held off from buying a pair of the LMR blank ones.

Looks like i'll put a pair of those on my winter mod list
From the pics I have seen, the fox resto windows look very nice. Depending on what the new windows sell for, I would not write off fox resto.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
From the pics I have seen, the fox resto windows look very nice. Depending on what the new windows sell for, I would not write off fox resto.
Still keeping my options open for now. All i know is my quarter windows are in terrible shape considering the condition of the rest of the car and I need to do something about it.

I wouldn't be able to swap them over until this winter away...so i have time to sit back and wait and see what comes out

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
21 - 40 of 56 Posts