Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know how much it will cost for a new short block. I'm not opposed to getting a stock one, but if there is something out there that can be had for a little more cash, then that would be good too. I have heard that I can get a short block from Ford for about $1700. Anyone know?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would think you can get a shortblock from ford a little cheaper than that actually. Call around to different dealerships and see what you find.

You should be able to find a forged shortblock starting around $2900, but then when you go that way you'll find yourself wanting to add other things as well (like ARP main studs and then head studs to make it even stronger).

PS be wary of a used shortblock, I bought a full used longblock on Ebay last year and it only lasted 3000 miles (it came with oil getting past the ring, nothing I did caused it)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking that I want to go with a stock short block. I will get a valve job done and put it back together with Hooker long tubes. I have MAC long tubes now, that is why I need a motor. IMO - MAC sucks butt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts