Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYONE, I MADE A POST IN THE CARS FORSALE FORUM AND IT GOT LOCKED. I WENT TO CORRAL DAY LAST YEAR AND IT WASN'T ALL THAT MUCH FUN, YOU SEE MOST PEOPLE THAT LIKE FAST CARS AND RACING GO TO THE TRACK TO SEE JUST THAT. WELL WHEN IT COST $35.00- $40.00 DO TEST AND TUNE NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO THAT, THEY ARE GOING TO DO WHAT THEY DID LAST YEAR-----STAND AROUND ALL DAY -------I LIVE 20 MILES SOUTH OF BEECHBEND AND THEY HAVE TEST RUNS TWO TIMES A WEEK $10.00. WHAT IS WORTH $30.00 MORE DOLLARS ON JULY 5TH?IF THE PRICES WERE LOWER IT WOULD HELP EVERYONE MORE PEOPLE WOULD RACE AND THE SPECTATORS WOULD HAVE MORE THAN A HANDFULL OF CARS TO WATCH........ I THINK IT IS REALLY COOL FOR THE CLUB TO GET TOGETHER AND DO THINGS LIKE THIS BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO COST SO MUCH? THE SAME DAY AS THE CORRAL DAY (JULY 5TH) IF YOU STAY IN BOWLINGGREEN AFTER 5pm YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING IN COOLER WETHER FOR TEN DOLLARS------THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND YES I DO KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST TO RENT THE TRACK CAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS THAT HAVE DONE IT...I AM JUST SPEAKING MY MIND BECAUSE THE INITIAL POST ABOUT CORRAL DAY SAID IF YOU HADN'T BEEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE MISSING---WELL EVERYONE I TALKED TO DIDN'T HAVE MUCH FUN AT ALL AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I TALKED TO UP THERE LAST YEAR DIDN'T RUN BECAUSE IT WAS $35.00..... I JUST THINK IT WOULD BE A BETTER TURN OUT IF THE RATES WASN'T SO HIGH...................:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
hmmmm
something tells me you missed the whole point of it. Its not so much about the racing as it is meeting friends you have made from all over the country and having a good time in the campgrounds. I'm sorry you didn't have fun at cd02 and you happen to be the first person I have heard say that. To all the people who are thinking about coming for the first time I recomend coming and staying in the campgound. I had a good time and will be there this year.

JAMES

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
You put a "Corral Day Needs to be Cheaper" post in the Cars for sale Forum? Doesn't surprise me much that it got locked.

My advice...if you do not wish to come, then don't. You stated your opinion, and that is fine - please leave it at that, and please don't make a habit of bashing my event on my Forums.

BTW...if you will PM me and tell me what you think it costs, I'd be interested in hearing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
WHAT IS WORTH $30.00 MORE DOLLARS ON JULY 5TH?
Not having to spend the entire time in the lanes for 3 runs.....I'd gladly pay $40 to enter Corral Day with my car and make as many runs as I wanted with my friends at the track with me.

Its amazing you say that people don't have fun at corral day lol! I can't think of a better way to spend my 4th of July weekend...good people, racing, partying, and a great atmosphere

If it really pisses you off...don't go! I'm disgusted that so many people can ***** about the price, location, and date of this event...Chris and Bob bend over backwards to organize this and people such as yourself still have no respect :rolleyes:

You live 20 miles away and are *****ing about expenses while there are several people who gladly drive 30+ hours and spend 10 times that amount just to spend the weekend at Bowling Green for Corral Day

·
Registered
105 Posts
well i have been to two corral days and had a blast at both. i feel that i got my moneys worth at both event too. the only prob i have ever had was with the poor comuntication at last years event between Bob and the track officials. but i am sure that it will be taken care of this year. hey speaking of that since i paid too much can i get a discount this year Bob ;) . lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey look i am not trying to bi*ch but i am just saying there was no racing i was there all day and seen maybe 15 cars race each other all day.... i was just saying maybe if it was cheaper more people would race, i will most likely be there and racing, i would have last year but my car was down, i just think it would be more fun if more people raced.............and matt? people like me? it is people like me that bust their a** to make ends meet while trying to build a fast car!!!!!!!!you don't even have a time in your sig!!!!!!!!it is people like me that have a true love for the mustang....not like most people who like them because they are cheap and easy to make fast!!!!!!!!i was most likely riding to school in a 66 gt fastback before you knew what a mustang was...............................................

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
bottlefedlx said:
i was most likely riding to school in a 66 gt fastback before you knew what a mustang was...............................................
Now was that really necessary? I think not. Lets try to be mature here.

If you think its such a big ripoff, then don't come, or come and don't race. Simple as that. And Mat was right, you can basically make as many runs as you want, that guy with the white V6 made like 30 passes, will you get that many on a test and tune night? I severely doubt it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes on tuesday night fun night $10.00 you could run 10 times in the first 30 min..... OK, LOOK HERE I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POST WAR JUST MAKING A SUGGESTION, CALM DOWN ........

·
Registered
693 Posts
bottlefedlx said:
hey look i am not trying to bi*ch but i am just saying there was no racing i was there all day and seen maybe 15 cars race each other all day.... i was just saying maybe if it was cheaper more people would race, i will most likely be there and racing, i would have last year but my car was down, i just think it would be more fun if more people raced.............and matt? people like me? it is people like me that bust their a** to make ends meet while trying to build a fast car!!!!!!!!you don't even have a time in your sig!!!!!!!!it is people like me that have a true love for the mustang....not like most people who like them because they are cheap and easy to make fast!!!!!!!!i was most likely riding to school in a 66 gt fastback before you knew what a mustang was...............................................

this guy is funny! I'm busting my ass to make the ends meet, to pay for a fast car, and build a faster car, and I'll be at Corral Day, Racing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY CHARLES LIKE I SAID JUST A SUGGESTION DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR SOUTH YOU CAN GO? YEA MAKE ENDS MEET AND TRY AND BUILD A FAST CAR........WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT THAT ? DO YOU NOT WORK FOR A LIVING? I DO MY CAR IS NOT MY ONLY BILL............. BUT I AM PROUD 100%BUILT BY ME [email protected]

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm doing the same thing man, I don't get paid **** and spend everything I DO make on my car......no time because it hasn't run in 3 years.

My point was that its not about the total cost.....you can't put a price on fun man. In most cases this will be the only time we'll be able to see a lot of our friends from the net

·
Registered
281 Posts
k, cut your caps lock key off, its the one under tab, above shift. 40 bucks to race and hang out with mustang owners from around the US is a kick ass deal.( Lets not forget those damn canadians, HI IAN!) You bring a stripper to the camp ground, ill pay your other 30 bucks to race =P

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
COOL AND I WAS ONLY MAKING A SUGGETION.......WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT?LIKE I SAID BEFORE I WILL BE THERE TOO, JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD ALLOW LOTS MORE TO RACE, THAT IS ALL

·
Registered
103 Posts
You come in here Typing in all CAPS (equivalent of yelling) and then you tell ppl replying to 'Calm Down' ???

You suffer from ADD

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
that guy with the white V6 made like 30 passes
I think it was atleast double that many :lol:

bottlefedlx, I can see where you are coming from, because I am a broke ass college student, but this isn't your typical test and tune session.

I can live with the price, especially if they give me another free nitrous kit this year! :cool:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
All caps is hard to read, and annoying. Its just common courtesy to not write like that. But I don't think you care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING FIVEOH PATROL, AND RI85GT WHY START THE NAME CALLING? CAN YOU NOT RESPECT AN OPINION? I AM SO SORRY IF ME MAKING A SUGGESTION HURT YOU AND AS FAR AS THE CAPS LOCK DEAL- STUPID- I THINK THAT IS SILLY,I AM NOT YELLING.....JUST WISHING YOU WERE CLOSER................

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.