Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok right now at idle it sits at around 182 when I get on it, it will go to 190. I am installing my s-trim and know that the heat will be greater. I have the stock radiator, police clutch fan, and a 180 T-stat. I have around $250 to spend what radiator would work well with my set up? Think it would be sufficient? I only drive the car 2-3 times a week

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would say wait on the radiator until after you install the s-trim. If it starts getting hotter then I would so go for it but why spend money when you don't have to ;)

Bill

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
A 7* increase after stomping on it isn't too bad at all. Like was said wait on the blower install and see what happens.
My temps shot up after the blower install...it used to run steady at 180-185* cruising, now I cruise at ~195* and it hits ~215* in traffic.
I think my fan clutch is going south because my temps should not be that high with my 31x19 Griffin NASCAR radiator, 180* stat, and my hi-flo Stewart pump. But I'll be investing in a MarkVIII fan soon.
For now just make sure your fan clutch is in working order and see what happens. hth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts