Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 GT and I had the coolant changed about a month ago. But recently the coolant light comes on when I get on it. But the car is not running any hotter than before. I've checked the level and it is fine. I did have to top it off when they changed it because the shop I took it to did'nt. I'm thinking that there is an air pocket in the system, if that's possible. The light does go off after the car is turned off. But comes back on after it runs for a while. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have the same problem, i was told if you look inside the coolant tank where you fill it there is a little float and a metal shaft, that shaft gets dirty and causes this, just clean it. I havent tried it yet though.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
gballs:

What "robs2000gt" said! When they changed your coolant, the overflow tank should have been thoroughly washed/flushed out. It is likely that a little bit of crud is causing the float to hang up and trip the light. If the coolant does not look pristine in the tank, you might want to drain it, flush with a hose, drain it (repeat the flush/drain a time or two), refill with coolant (50/50 antifreeze/distilled water). That should do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts