Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came from work and stopped by my buddies house..The drive was 25 minutes away and my temp gauge stayed within cooling limits. When I pulled in his driveway I saw a nice puddle of antifreeze under my car. I started to panic and popped the hood to see what was going on and in the fluid level was almost near the top..I saw no smoking and like I mentioned my temp gauge stayed slightly under halfway. The only thing I can think of what might have caused this was I added a bottle of water wetter in the overfill resevoir a couple of days ago. Well, I wasn't thinking but I added it to the system while the coolant level was still to the point that says FULL HOT...I know that was very Dumb..Could the problem be that there was too much fluid in the system and when the engine got hot it boiled the coolant way past normal causing it to spill out? Will this level out on it's own or do I need to drain the antifreeze and put water wetter in first and then add my Coolant/water mixture to the right level?

Please any suggestions are welcome..

I'm just hoping it's not anything else..I just installed a new water pump :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
you should be aight. its just some spill over that wont hold in the tank. you can either drain some of it out to bring the level back down... or just let it ride until it spits out enough... :cool:

·
Registered
805 Posts
89COUPELX said:
Well, I wasn't thinking but I added it to the system while the coolant level was still to the point that says FULL HOT...I know that was very Dumb..Could the problem be that there was too much fluid in the system and when the engine got hot it boiled the coolant way past normal causing it to spill out?
Exactly. Just let your system take care of itself.

Since you put the water wetter in the already full reserve tank most of it has probably been puked out. Next time drain the radiator, put in water wetter and fill up with water/antifreeze. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks a lot guys!

Had me worried for a sec :)

Take care!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts