Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Cobra with low miles. It has been sitting for about 5 months after a front end accident - the motor was not touched in the accident. After getting everything fixed, it was started for the first time last week and now has coolant leaking from the rear of the motor - or at least it appears to be leaking from the rear. Any suggestions for where this is coming from or where to start looking? The shop thinks it's a freeze plug but that seems odd for a low mileage car that never had a leak prior. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I agree it is odd to be a plug but hell I'v seen (and done) alot worse with alot less. other things to check: any and all gaskets i.e supercharger, back of heads, any coolant carrying lines like the head cooling mod if you have it.. I'v come to find out the hard way leaks are almost invisible untill under pressure. Good Luck keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If you can't see where it's coming from normally, you'll need to get a cooling system pressure tester and pressurize the system to find the source. It'll then be obvious.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Check the coolant tube under the intake, they use rubber o-rings on it and with it being 'dry' for so long, it may have developed a leak. in the steel blocks there is a hole in the back of the valley that the coolant travels down and leaks onto the ground 'apearing' to be a leak from the rear of the motor...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.