Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i pulled my lower intake, and i was thinkin the gaskets needed replacing, a few of the bolts on the intake seemed a little loose, and i tightend them, this was about a week ago, now it got real bad, a ton of coolant in the oil. well, i took the cap off my radiatior, and the coolant seemed to had a faded green look to it, and it smells like oil. WHAT THE HELL, ive never seen this before, is it possible there was such a big leak from my water jacket, the two fluids found their way into not only the oil, but the coolign system as well? its not bad, i didnt notice at first, can i still run this coolant, im broke, leaving for army basic training on 4 days, i cant afford to be replacing all this stuff, coolant is like 7 bucks a gallon. im doing the lower intake gaskets now, actually im getting grease all over my keybord right now. do u think the intake gaksets will solve this?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Since it seems like you had no problems before touching your lower intake, this is hopefully just an intake gasket problem. One warning, water getting in the oil can destroy your bearings later on. Flush the oil out REAL good, run it up to temp with fresh oil and drain and fill the oil again.

If carefull reinstall of the intake gaskets does not solve the problem, a cracked head or block, or blown head gaskets is the cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts