Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to change the coolant on my 1996 Mustang GT. i Put it up on the ramps and took a look. I found the drain peacock for the the radiator but i cant seem to find the block drain plugs. The hayes Manual says to drain both but. i cant find the block drain plugs. Could it be that they are basing the book off a Cobra and not a GT??:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
451 Posts
just go to a quick lube type place...it's like $20...they hook it up to a pump that forces everything out....worth the money

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Haohmaru:

There are two block drain plugs, one is hidden by the starter (so forget about getting it out), and the other is near the rear of the engine on the other side (duh). Should be about 1/2 down the block from the head gasket.

As an alternate, you can get a tee-fitting/flush kit for about $10, pop out the thermostat and flush away. The tee is installed in the heater hose (the one without the restrictor in it). Nice and tidy, imho.

Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As an alternate, you can get a tee-fitting/flush kit for about $10, pop out the thermostat and flush away. The tee is installed in the heater hose (the one without the restrictor in it). Nice and tidy, imho
Yes, that is good. I want to expand on it.

Take the upper and lower hoses off. Take out the T-stat. Blast with the garden hose into the upper hose. Let the lower drain into something. Unless you dont like your neighbors cats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts