Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is probably a dumb question but I am new to all of this so.. I have coolant pooling up on either side of my distributor on top of the timing cover. I have changed the intake gasket and the thermostat gasket but it still leaks. My question is does coolant flow through the sides of the timing chain cover? The leak seems to be from coolant seeping up from the seal between the timing cover and block. If it doesn't flow through there then I guess it is just the water pump gasket and the fan is blowing it there. I just need some advice on this. Any help will be gretly appreciated.:D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yes it does flow through your timing cover. If it turns out to be your timing cover to block seal make sure there is no pitting or corrosion on the timing cover mating surfaces before you reuse your old cover. Mine had some pitting but I thougt a little extra goopy stuff and I would be fine. Well, I was fine for a couple of months and now it leaks again. You can find new covers pretty cheap on ebay or you could also have it resurfaced at a machine shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts