Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post about a week ago saying how my car would shake and rattle when I accelerate. I first thought it was my plugs but it wasn't then I ended up trying a new rotor, new cap, new wires, none of which helped. Many of suggested that it was my balancer but it wasn't that also.

The only other thing I thought of was my converter or trans. I have a tweecer that I haven't used for a while since this problem has occured so I'm like what the heck let me try it. I set it so that my converter never locks up and after a few mins of driving the problem went away! I was shocked! The weird thing is, now I took off my tweecer and my converter locks up and the problem is gone.

I'm thinking this is only a temp solution. Have anyone encountered where their converter clutch was going bad and it wouldn't lock up the converter and had the same shaking problem I had? Or is it something else i'm not thinking of?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I really doubt the converter is a problem at all.
If it were not good, the shifts (or lack of) would tell.
I called Jack at Precision Industries and he said those noises are not converter noises.

I would think perhaps exhaust was rattling, that was what I found after thinking the same things you are considering now.

HTH

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set all the lockup speeds at something really high like 140 mph which is not possible in 1st , 2nd, 3rd and hardly in 4th.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Scan for codes...
I am having the same issue with my aode.. have been for some time.
I get a code ** saying CCO failure..
CCO=Convertor Clutch Overide
This cuases the convertor to lock and unlock when it feels, or not even funtion.. In my case, its almost like a 5 speed that is left in 3rd gear, coming to a stop light at 15mph.... I get that bucking, and jerking type stuff. Somtimes when i go around a corner at 10-15mph or so... the convertor decides its going to stay locked, so it stays locked in 4th gear, going 10mph.. thats where i get the bog and bucking from. Maybe u should check that out.. scan for codes, see if u dont get a code for a bad CCO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts