Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting rear control arms for a better launch but they all look the same. Any input as to which ones are better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i went with the Steeda LCA's, they work fine for me, but you will hear all kinds of different opinions as to who like what brands better. i personally think they all do the same thing.. steeda worked really good for me though

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just as long as they are beefier than stock. In spirited driving, just looking to get a little more out of the car, it really comes down to price. UCA's and LCA's are not really prone to breakage on "low power" cars. I've got the MAC's and they do just fine. At first, the ride was really stiff, but after a couple of days, the bushings settled in, and the car is back to normal, save for the rear is now more stable at launch and high-speed. Really nice pieces, for the price.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have South Side lift bars on mine and they give u that "hold onto ur a$$" kinda feeling when launching. they are cheaper then steeda/MM/D&D, u can get them for under $175

·
Registered
149 Posts
You all are saying nothing. 60' times before and after please.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Loud98SVT,

I was wondering...do the lift bars hurt your cornering ability at all? my car is primarily a street car and i was thinking about doing some suspension mods, but i don't want to hurt my handling for better 60ft times.
gino

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll post a new 60' time as soon as I get to a "good" track.

old: 2.05-2.1 consistant
best on old uppers and lowers: 1.997

both on street tires

·
Registered
150 Posts
No times for you but I installed Mac upper and lowers this weekend and cut another half coil off of my C's.

Impressions and facts:

1. Zero wheel hop........only major spinning need DR's.
2. Very stiff and solid......corners like mad and rides better, no flex.
3. Squeeks...sp? They have grease fittings and will try tomorrow after I buy a grease gun.
4. Heavier....in all the right ways.
5. $219 for both upper and lowers.......great.
6. More noise transfer.
7. PIA for install as exhaust had to come off the car and I did them myself on the floor.

Unless you buy a full out drag racing setup, they all do the same thing, essentially. The stiffer lowers will change the way the car rides as I am convinced that the spring was flexing the lower CA and the arm was absorbing some of the movement. that is what springs and shocks are for.

Basically, night and day difference and worth the money. Now if I could just get the windshield wipers fixed and make the car quiet again.........

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just installed some southsides and they are very noisey.Cant tell if they helped 60ft because I need new tires they are shot.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have the MAC uppers and lowers and like them for a good street and strip setup. I am however switching to something a little more aggresive for this year. I plan on getting the entire UPR rear suspension setup. But, I would strongley suggest the MACs to anyone very nice pieces and not to noisey at all with some good synthetic grease in them. But, either way you should get some set of Upper and Lower control arms if you do any aggressive driving of any kind wether it be on the street, 1/4 mile, road race.

When I switched to the MACs I also bought a new set of ET streets so my stock 60' and aftre the control arms is kinda more than you could hope to gain by just doing the Control arms. It went from a 1.8 60' to a 1.59 60' this was also with a 125 shot off the line, so that always helps to. On a motor pass it went from 1.9 60' to a consistent 1.79-1.8 60'.

I hope this helps you in your search.;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I plan on getting the entire UPR rear suspension setup
Ditto here. I have already bought and installed the chromoly upper and lower control arms. I could tell a very big diference initially but after about four days it settled out. Before the CA's I was running steady 2.3s now I have ran 7 out of the last ten launches in the 2.1's. I don't feel like I have changed my driving style at all as I am trying to tell the difference in each mod, and as you can tell I'm not the best driver in the 1320 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
the south sides actually gave me a better ride.......it still coners pretty hard as well, WAY better then stock. i thought it would inhibit my handling as well due to them being for drag racing purposes, but they surprised me

they are loud however ((squeaking)) the bushing that come with it are not polyurithane, they are metal so they aren't greased. if u can live with the squeaking sounds then more power to u. I just turn the volume up on my stereo

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just got my MM LCA installed yesterday.
First impression - it's a very harsh ride. But I hope it'll settle down.
Plus as a temporary solution I set my Illumina to 3 instead of usual 5, seems like it mostly compensated harshness.

·
Registered
549 Posts
maximum motorsports lca's

should i get the ones w/the sphereical bushings on both ends or just on one end...my car is a daily driver but i don't care about quarky things like squeaks and harsh ride...as long as the double sphereical ones don't hurt the tq boxes...thanks Derrick

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used to have the southside machine lowers on my car and could not stand the squeeking noise they made. plus, they are solid bushings and allow no give when making a turn..these are true drag only arms and you have to get your torque boxes reinforced because these are known to trash em. also, you constantly hear popping noises when driving or making turns...too annoying for a daily driver.

I recently switched out the SSM lowers for BBK lowers that have polyurethane bushings in them. much easier to deal with on the street. plus, i dont have to worry about my torque boxes. the BBK are very comparable to the MAC which everyone is mentioning. just my .02 cents

Chad

·
Registered
537 Posts
Pro3i, guys. JUST LIKE the MM ones, but a LOT cheaper! I have them, and I love them. My car was prone to going sideways when it spun...now it just squats! I LOVE IT!

-Eric

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've got the Maximum Motorsport LCAs with the spherical bushing only on one end. I love them! Car handles like it is on rail now. No more fish tailing! I haven't gone to the track to see how much they helped but I can definetly tell a difference with my drag radials. It just ****s and gets!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts