Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car bucks when coasting in gear or when underload in high gear like when going in fifth at 40 mph.

also when cruising in neutral going down a hill the engine's rpm plays up and down then suddenly dies.

Help IS needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can drive in 5th gear at 40mph...??? WHy would you want to do that? What do you have like 8.73 gears or something??? (I realize there is no such thing.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
kc96gt said:
You can drive in 5th gear at 40mph...??? WHy would you want to do that? What do you have like 8.73 gears or something??? (I realize there is no such thing.)
:lol: :lol: i can drive 40mph in 5th with my 4.10's, but it bucks even then, i'm usually in 3rd at 40

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rear is 3.27.and yes I cruise around that speed (well used to before power issues)
the car seems to be running rich.but never bucked.also it never died more help needed please.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the exact same problem (never died though). i changed out the plugs and wires, fuel filter and pcv valve, dropped in some fuel injector cleaner, and replaced the some bad o2 sensors that ended up being the main cause of the problem. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts