Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering selling my Stang for financial reasons and am not sure what to ask for it.

It's a '99 GT with 10 psi Intercooled ProCharger, 75mm BBK TB, Bassani o/r X-pipe, Borla Cat-Back, Spec aluminum flywheel and lightened Stage-2 clutch, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, Hurst billet shifter, autometer guages, Enkei 17x9's with Nitto 275 Extremes and Dr's, progressive lowering springs, etc.. Dyno results in sig.

The car only has 22K on it and all options except leather. Won Best in Class at World of Wheels show this spring.

I have about $25K into the car (with all receipts and original parts) and am thinking of asking $21K but would consider partial trade. Am I in the right ball park? Too high? Too low?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
127 Posts
lesson #1, you NEVER get your money back on aftermarket additions to your car...

bluebook is $14,470... don't expect much more than that..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I agree, unless you can find someone who is into Mustangs who knows what they're buying. Joe Blow won't care, however, and won't pay much more than blue-book person-to-person.

You have to be the best judge of what you'd be willing to take.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you can unbolt some of the parts, sell them separately. Not sure how much of that you can do, or if you kept any of the stock parts. Also depends on how quick you want to unload.

booger GT is right, don't expect too much over blue book due to the aftermarket parts. I'd say list it at under $20K and expect less. Unless you have the time to wait for a buyer willing to pay for the mods. That kind of buyer is a lot harder to find!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow up...

I did get $21,000 for it.

It sold within two weeks and I had several interested parties. It goes to show that you can recoup much of the upgrades if you do it right. It also helps to advertise on the internet with many pictures.

Later...:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts