Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a bunch of questions for all of you. Bare with me...
My car is a '94 GT with a boosted stock bottom end.

1) I will need the optional MAP sensor and boost controller; correct?
2) Will I need to do any tweaking to the provided tune for timing and fueling for boost?
3) 2 step built in?
4) The Pro M ECU harness passes through the grommet in passenger fender well like stock?
5) Can I run a single WB in the turbo down pipe vs two WB's?
6) Does the 2 step (if included) and launch control work off the factory clutch switch? No added wiring?
7) Will a blow through PMAS HPXE MAF and tube work?
8) I'll be using the no lift shift feature. Is it pretty straight forward?
9) Is the factory SN fuel system sufficient for the 255lph pump? I've upgraded the wiring.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey guys. I have a bunch of questions for all of you. Bare with me...
My car is a '94 GT with a boosted stock bottom end.

1) I will need the optional MAP sensor and boost controller; correct?
2) Will I need to do any tweaking to the provided tune for timing and fueling for boost?
3) 2 step built in?
4) The Pro M ECU harness passes through the grommet in passenger fender well like stock?
5) Can I run a single WB in the turbo down pipe vs two WB's?
6) Does the 2 step (if included) and launch control work off the factory clutch switch? No added wiring?
7) Will a blow through PMAS HPXE MAF and tube work?
8) I'll be using the no lift shift feature. Is it pretty straight forward?
9) Is the factory SN fuel system sufficient for the 255lph pump? I've upgraded the wiring.

Thank you!!!
1) Yes, if you want to use Pro M’s boost control.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) Yes, you can run one.

6) You need to add some wires. There is a harness sold on Pro M’s website. It plugs into the factory switch.

7) Yes, but you need a transfer function.

8) Yes

9) Not ideal, but it has been done countless times.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Yes, if you want to use Pro M’s boost control.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) Yes, you can run one.

6) You need to add some wires. There is a harness sold on Pro M’s website. It plugs into the factory switch.

7) Yes, but you need a transfer function.

8) Yes

9) Not ideal, but it has been done countless times.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more question...
Using the clutch switch for no lift shifts will require me to depress the pedal to the floor to shift; no?
If so; that isn't ideal.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it will. Accelerator stays to the floor so boost doesn’t drop. Clutch pedal gets used.
Thanks. What I'm getting at is most don't depress the clutch pedal to the floor when shifting fast. Proper clutch adjustment doesn't require it.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
No. I did find this post by you and I'm curious now. Were you referring to the ProM?
Holley Term X into 1995 GT - need help
probably. Jokes aside, the pro m has been very good to me and is one of the most significant improvements on my car. If you do decide on it, happy to help with any questions you might have on it. I have the instructions for your car at home. They have been recently updated by pro m. Would you like me to email you a copy when I get home about 11pm est?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
probably. Jokes aside, the pro m has been very good to me and is one of the most significant improvements on my car. If you do decide on it, happy to help with any questions you might have on it. I have the instructions for your car at home. They have been recently updated by pro m. Would you like me to email you a copy when I get home about 11pm est?
The reason I asked is because I wasn't aware that the ProM replaces the CCRM. ???
Sure! I'll take a copy. I'll PM you my email. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i believe it does. i have a pro m harness for a 95 gt at home. I dont recall seeing it.

pm mike plummer, he has a 95. he also has a bunch of YouTube videos with the pro m and his car. you can even email pro m. [email protected]
I'm curious if the 94-95 harness includes the MAF, relocated IAT and spout connectors as the CCRM is on that separate harness. I was thinking that the kit would only include the injector harness side of things.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
352 Posts
Real world reference :
I used sn95 fuel rails, korban regulator, -6 feed and return with 255lph in tank pump.
At that time car was 306 with @15PSI boost.
Logging my fuel pressure (with the optional fuel pressure sensor) my pressures were maintained at 6000 rpm and 520rwhp.
With that said, I’m upgrading to Glenn’s rails, 340lph pump and -8 hose to and from tank. Because I know I was at the edge with my last fuel system.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Real world reference :
I used sn95 fuel rails, korban regulator, -6 feed and return with 255lph in tank pump.
At that time car was 306 with @15PSI boost.
Logging my fuel pressure (with the optional fuel pressure sensor) my pressures were maintained at 6000 rpm and 520rwhp.
With that said, I’m upgrading to Glenn’s rails, 340lph pump and -8 hose to and from tank. Because I know I was at the edge with my last fuel system.
My goal is 500rwhp. It seems guys are getting that quite regularly with cheap On3 kits and completely stock engines. I have a nicer setup than On3 so I should hit my goal with around 10psi. We have the worst 91 octane here so I'll have to see. I believe the stock fuel system with in tank 255lph pump should suffice. I used the ProM pump plug/pigtail with a Painless pump wiring kit. I burnt up a pump with the wimpy stock wiring.

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
352 Posts
One more question...
Using the clutch switch for no lift shifts will require me to depress the pedal to the floor to shift; no?
I installed my own switch on clutch pedal, mounted it/adjusted it so it activated just at point of engagement/disengagement.
Worked amazing! Super fun to shift through the gears with the clunky TKO 600 with pedal to the floor. 😎

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed my own switch on clutch pedal, mounted it/adjusted it so it activated just at point of engagement/disengagement.
Worked amazing! Super fun to shift through the gears with the clunky TKO 600 with pedal to the floor. 😎
So you ran the ProM clutch switch pigtail to the new clutch switch? I'd love to see pics. Someone mentioned using the neutral safety switch or cruise cancel switch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts