Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of the year... I currently have a '97 Cobra with 98k on it. I have being eyeing these '03 Cobra's (convertable) and i think i might just end up getting a used one soon. BTW how much is a used one goind for with millage less than 20k these days??

At the same time i am looking at the corvettes and it is really tough to decide on which one. I am leaning more to the Cobra since there are VERY rare cars and fun to drive. Can someone please through in their 2cents.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
i got mine in november. first stang AND ford ive ever owned. LOVE IT. couldnt be more happy. i got my coupe with 1900 mile son it for UNDER $30k so u should be able to get a good deal on one. plus u put $1000 into it and u have a 500hp cobra!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd rather have a slightly used '03 Cobra rather than a new '05 GT, and I think the new GT's are awesome. You might want to check on ebay to see what '03 Cobras go for. You can use the advanced search feature and search for items that have been sold.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just FYI, my 96 cobra with 42,000 miles traded in at just over $12,000. I still did it, but boy do I love the new Cobra!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have seen a few Cobras go for a little over $25K. I am sure you will be very happy. I would buy a Corvette unless it was a ZO6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
cenwesi -

I have an 03' convertible that I am selling. If you would like more information please contact me at:

[email protected]

Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
I cannot believe how cheap they are going for on EBAY. In the past week I watched 3 sell or under 24K and with less than 10K on the odo.

I am acatually worried since the new stangs aren't even out yet and the value of the O3 is dropping quickly.

My guess is once the new GT's are available the price of 03/04 cobras is gonna be in the basement. Bad for me good for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
interesting... Say should i aim for a Convertable or a coupe?? I want the pros and cons of each so i can nail it down... next will be color. I always like black/white cars...black being #1 for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one other question. I have a Cobra R chrome wheels and tires on the '97 Cobra, will that fit into an '03 Cobra

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive seen used ones around here w/ around 5k miles going for 26k n change

·
Registered
399 Posts
They'll fit but IMHO you'll end up liking the stock 03 wheels. I had Cobra R's on my 99 and 01 Cobras. At first, I didn't like the flat faced look of the 03 wheels and even thought about buying another set of R's. But now, I wouldn't run anything else. I did put AFS 03 replica 10.5's on the rear with 315 rubber.

My buddy just bought a second 03 Cobra, this time a 10th anniv. coupe for his wife. He was a big vette guy. He'll never go back. I have never seen anyone get up more to spank a vette than him. I don't street race. We travel all over to tracks some as far as 200 miles with me usually trailing. I have watched him kill several C5's from the rear. Most of the time when the vette guy has had enough, he'll drop back and I'll finally pass them. They look over at me like I'm ready for some and the look on their face is one of shock. I just laugh and pass on by. Everybody and his brother owns a C5. Get the 03. You can't go wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts