Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 90 LX 25th anniversary Limited Edition LX vert, often called a "7-UP" car. Since 7-up was advertised as the
"UN-COLA" I want to make my car the "UN-COBRA."

My plan is to keep the same emerald green paint, but convert the body to a 93 Cobra clone. I would like to run a Cobra Intake and Cobra-lettered Valve covers as part of the "theme."

My question is, how much power will I lose removing my Holley Intake and instaling a Cobra intake. I have a few people willing to trade.

Ideally, I would like to have an extrude honed upper and ported lower and hopefully, I'll find someone to trade intake that has a properly modified one.

Here's my combo. Keep in mind that I'm running a stock block and this car will be a daily driver, so max horsepower is not the goal. I would be very happy with 425 RWHP or so.

308 shortblock with 8.8 compression
FTI modifed AFR 165 heads (202 intakes, bowl and chamber work, ~260 intake and 190 exhaust flow @ .550 lift)
Cobra Intake (proposed)
Comp Cams XE266 (.544/.555 216/224 112 LC, retarded 4 degrees)
Procharger P-1SC, 3.70"/7.66" Pullies, 3-core intercooler with 3" tubing
75mm MAF and 75mm TB
1 5/8" shorties, Bassani X with cats, 2.5" catback with Borlas

Thats the basic combo. Opinions are good and facts are better if anyone has some real data.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds great! Your going to lose some HP, all through the powerband. But not entireley noticable to the average Joe. A dyno would recognize it alot more than you will. But overall the Holley is 100 times better than a Cobra. But if it's the Cobra look your going for, than go with the Cobra. It's still a great intake. I'm running a Cobra upper and lower with the lower fully ported to my AFR-185 heads and a completely built 306ci, Vortech S-trim blown and pumping well over 500hp. I would be willing to trade you straight accross for intakes and I'll even include my throtle body. Either way, good luck. PM me or email me if your interested.:D :joy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts