Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tell me what you guys think, i have no idea how to read them for sure, i know that they are all supposed to be within 10% of each other, and that if they differ a lot thats bad

anyways, they were ALL at 150, i had one cylinder (number 3 i believe) that was like 145 or so.

I know i need valve seals though, on a few of the plugs, i had a very small ring of oil around the seat of the plug, which is really no big deal

anyways, let me know how that sounds, im thinking its very very good for 88,000 miles! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

EDIT: I was just reading over some instructions, and it said your supposed to do the tests with the throttle open, and i never did that part, how much would that affect my compression??! :livid:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, any ideas what a brand new 5.0 would have for compression?

i just need to know how good the numbers are that i have now, keep in mind, these are also with 1.7 Roller Rockers, if that makes any difference...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

No one call tell me if this is good or bad?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Numbers look fairly good to me. Main part is that they are all close to each other.

I tested my car a few miles back(67,000), and i net 155 .I however only did 1 spark plug at a time, not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would say your numbers are fine. Pretty close to what I got on my 90 with 60,000 miles. I also skipped blocking the throttle open when doing it so my numbers where a bit lower like that, but consistancy is really the main thing. The lowest should be with in 10% of the highest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts